Music

Sunday, March 29, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 10 iTunes Review

- Adam Lambert (I think Adam did a pretty good job in this recording,he can combine his beautiful voice with the background music although sometimes the background is so loud. It will be so much better if they can tone down a bit the instrument)
- Allison Iraheta (this recording sound reminds me of circa Miami Vice/Charlie Angels's tv series. Allison is so ready to record her voice,she has a constant great recording since Michael Jackson's week. I definitely can see her record like a Pink album)
- Anoop Desai (oh my....I love Anoop's tender and soft vocal but the background singer is killing me. It's like throwing me to ancient times and buried me in a tomb. This recording is so excruciatingly slow and haunting (in a scary way))
- Danny Gokey (woah Danny's voice in this one sound too stretch,I'm not feeling it at all although overall it's good recording)
- Kris Allen (once again the background music overwhelms Kris's voice. It doesn't showcase the fullness of his great voice at all,but I love his unique phrasing in some parts. And it's still one of the best in this week recording)
- Matt Giraud (no one can deny that Matt has soul in his voice,it's evident in every recording he did. Although the arrangement in this recording somewhat boring to me and OMG!! it's too long)
- Megan Joy Corkrey (I love Megan's recording. It's so quirky and unique and jazzy. It's definitely not boring,not too gloomy and everything is so perfect)
- Michael Sarver (Michael really has a nice great voice and if he uses it well,I think he'll do a great job in his career. His recording this week however is good,with bordering on mediocre. It's not bad and it's not great. Maybe it's the song choice that he can't do anything with)
- Scott MacIntyre (I agree that Scott's voice and sound is geared toward AC audiences,and the recording is always like that. Woah,the background singer mess everything in this recording. I'd fired them immediately if I had any say in the recording process)
- Lil Rounds (she has great vocal in this recording,I'll give that to her. Although I don't like the music)

I agree with everybody that they should let the recording resemble the contestant's live performance and not too mix it with the original Motown sound,etc. This week's recording is a crapfest!!! I hate it!! I hope next week's recording is a masterclass.

No comments: