Music

Thursday, March 03, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 24 Girls Performances

Tonight's sound was horrible. I don't know what the heck with the band.

- Ta-Tynisa Wilson - Only Girl (In The World)
Okay,she's just female equivalent to Jordan Dorsey last night. Horrible song choice,the band overwhelmed her. WTF happened with the sound? She just looked uncomfortable on that stage singing that song. Full blown karaoke indeed!! I felt that she's just a fodder to open up the show and make the audiences excited.
- Naima Adedapo - Summertime
It was just awful. She's all over the place. She's wandering the stage aimlessly. I didn't feel any connection at all. Really felt like a lounge performance. Are they sacrificing themselves for the chosen ones??
- Kendra Chantelle - Impossible
OMG!! What an amazing performance!! I didn't know that she could hit that high notes. The way she sang the song just mesmerized me! She really felt every lyrics. Amazing!! She's a beautiful package indeed!!
- Rachel Zevita - Criminal
Woah,she just killed that song. Fierce!! Fierce!! That song isn't my cup of tea but she worked the stage,and woah at her opening. Very sexy!! I was just so impressed with her. Really special performance. I'm curious to see what she could bring to the table in the upcoming weeks.
- Karen Rodriguez - Hero
I love the Spanish part. Although I hate that song,that song should be banned forever. But Karen sang it the best she could. Definitely the best Hero rendition on Idol so far. Her vocal is just outstanding. I love her!!
- Lauren Turner - Seven Day Fool
woah,please calm down,Lauren's mom!! I was afraid she's gonna have a heart attack with her so excited like that. I didn't like that song. It just didn't showcase Lauren's big bluesy voice until the end part. She's great though. She brought the house down in the end. She just soared and roared like lion. I can' wait to see what she'll bring next. She's just testing the water with that one.
- Ashton Jones - Love All Over Me
I forgot that she's a contestant. I felt like watching R&B diva perform on the Grammy. She just showed so much confidence and really tore up that song. I think we've found our black diva this year after dry season since Season 6. Most of them chose mediocre song though,thanks God they have major talents.
- Julie Zorrila - Breakaway
Awful awful awful!! The band is killing her!! She's just out of her place and element. Very forced performance! Trainwreck!!
- Haley Reinhart - Fallin
I just hate this song with a passion!! The performance was just blah for me. I'll never like a performance with this song in it. She used too much acrobatic vocal and growl. Very awkward delivery also!! Why's Steven so useless these past 2 days?? Is it because he occupying Randy's previous seat??
- Thia Megia - Out Here On My Own
Impressive performance!! I didn't like the song though,the notes almost stays the same. I was just bored with that song,but she knocked it out of the park. The singing was just perfect!!
- Lauren Alaina - Turn On The Radio
probably the most catchy song tonight. She walked the stage like a pro,she's superstar,she's everything. I loved it!! She's really a combination of Kelly,Carrie and Katharine McPhee. The bandzilla better behave next time though,they're bulldozing everyone tonight with that loud arrangement.
- Pia Toscano - I'll Stand By You
That's why she got a huge online fanbase. She just blew the stage at the end. It reminded me of early season's big voiced singer. The song is okay,been done many times on Idol,but she astounded me at the end. Very very impressive!!

There will be bloodbath with the girls tomorrow. So many amazing talents!! Too bad I didn't like many of the song choices tonight.

My rank:
1. Kendra Chantelle
2. Pia Toscano
3. Ashton Jones
4. Lauren Alaina
5. Lauren Turner
6. Karen Rodriguez
7. Thia Megia
8. Rachel Zevita
9. TaTynisa Wilson
10. Naima Adedapo
11. Haley Reinhart
12. Julie Zorrila

No comments: