Music

Monday, December 13, 2010

Movie Review : The Chronicles of Narnia : The Voyage of The Dawn Treader


No need to wait too long,the next installment of Narnia has come. The one thing that I love about Narnia saga is its message. Although it’s blatantly contains Christianity themes but I think everybody can relate to the messages. Before I watched this movie,I only knew that the story is about Prince Caspian searching for 7 lost lords. I didn’t know anything else,that’s fortunate for me,because I tend to get bored if I know the story of the movie too detail.

The movie starts in second World War era,Edmund and Lucy stay at their cousin’s house. Right from the start,Eustace is a very annoying kid. Geesh,he looks like an old person already. I don’t know why British is so fast at aging. The kids suddenly get thrown into Narnia world from the painting in the wall. They get rescued from the sea by the Dawn Treader,Caspian’s ship. I love how this movie has the sea as its settings. Watching in the theater,it gets much more beautiful.

Their journey consists of dealing with a slave trade. Reminds us of how terrible our world 200 years ago when there were so many slaves in every countries. They visit an island which has The Opressor’s Mansion in it,and the invisible dwarf like creatures. Every scenes on that garden reminds me of Alice in the Wonderland movie. I don’t get it why I saw so many green mist on so many scenes. Maybe it’s their inner demon.

When Lucy wishes to be Susan,Aslan comes to the rescue. I love how he tells Lucy to be herself,not to be other person and not to diminish her values. I really love that message!!

On volcanic island,the kids are dealing with greed and wealth,and there is dragon. LOL suddenly they already reached an island where it has Aslan’s Table. I thought they still had to visit many more islands like the Odysseus tale. I thought Lilliandil is evil in disguise,I was wrong. LOL

Sea serpent in this movie is so hideous looking. I’ve never seen a monster that ugly!! I love the white witch scenes. I want Tilda Swinton to get more roles in this saga,after all,I want more White Witch. LMAO. Well,who doesn’t love an evil queen character.

At last,they meet Aslan. I believe Aslan’s country represents heaven in Bible terms. Too bad Aslan didn’t have longer roles in this movie. Edmund and Lucy won’t be back in Narnia again. I’ll miss them!! So we get Eustace for the 4th installment. Sigh. I hope it’ll be good. Overall,this movie doesn’t have a massive battle scene which I always love,but I think this movie can stand on its own feet. Great story and CGI effect!! Plus Ben Barnes and Skandar Keynes for the ladies,etc.

Links : Official Site

Wikipedia

IMDB

Rotten Tomatoes


No comments: