Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta are passing easily to Top 12 too. Btw I love the group's performance of "Closer". It's so flawless and I didn't find anything bad at all in the performance. Great job!!
Brooke White performs "Hold Up My Heart". Catchy song indeed but verging on boring. If it being played hundred times,I'm sure I'll have enough of that song.
Next week Group 3 performs,I can't predict who will be fantastic. It maybe Lil Round and Scott and so many of the great girls perform too. It's confusing. I hope Nathaniel Marshall brings it next week.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
- Jasmine Murray (oh no!!Crap!!She doesn't perform as great as she should. It's not a bad performance though but I'm afraid it doesn't cut it for Top 12. She should've sang a soulful song)
- Matt Giraud (Already 2 great contenders come crashing down in the beginning of the show tonight. On the other hand I feel that his performance is pretty good. I like his interpretation of the song but don't know why the judges slam it. Matt might be destined to be in the wild card round if he doesn't make it tomorrow)
- Jeanine Vailes (even a combination of many holy saint in this world's history couldn't save her. It's mediocre and she have to perform really fantastic to slip through to Top 12 and she doesn't. I like her falsetto though in some parts. Well,enjoy this one last day because she's going home tomorrow)
- Nick Mitchell/Norman Gentle (Gotta love it!!!Gotta love it!! It's very entertaining,fun,memorable,stands out. Tomorrow no one can predict what will happen)
- Allison Iraheta (woah,she's almost as good as Carrie back then. She definitely outsings every single girl contestants tonight)
- Kris Allen (HOORAYYYY!! Kris performs really well,I'm mesmerized by this performance. Usually I'm not a fan of Michael Jackson's songs being sung on the show but I love Kris version of this song. Good job,Kris. I hope everyone vote for you)
- Megan Corkrey (pretty performance although I'm on the fence for this one. I prefer her audition over this. I love her eccentric Corkrey style though,swinging her hands and standing still on the stage.)
- Matt Breitzke (I can see a moment where I like his performance but overall it's very boring. I'm accidentally daydreaming when I watch this performance)
- Jesse Langseth (nice melody on piano,love the song but it's overwhelmed her performance. It's basically ruining everything. I would've loved the performance more if she's not singing and let the music do the talking)
- Kai Kalama (I HATE IT!!!! I don't like this performance at all. Anoop already has his copyright version of this song. Meaning no one can sing as good as what Anoop did on group round)
- Mishavonna Henson (I expected more from her. This song doesn't do anything for me as I wish it would. Tonight everyone is mediocre at best,only a few stand out)
- Adam Lambert ( his vocal range is indeed out of this world but his performance isn't that great for me. How do I put it.......it stands out,it's loud,sometimes it's screeching,he has great stage presence. Overall mixed opinion from me)
Group 2 Ranking:
1. Kris Allen
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Nick Mitchell/Norman Gentle
4. Matt Giraud
5. Adam Lambert
6. Megan Corkrey
7. Jasmine Murray
8. Mishavonna Henson
9. Jesse Langseth
10. Matt Breitzke
11. Jeanine Vailes
12. Kai Kalama
Updated: After watching it few times,I should've put Jesse Langseth higher than Adam Lambert. She sounds pretty good and reminds me of 90's era of music.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
What a beautiful speech. I almost in tears watching this. Really,we all should join together to give an equal rights to everybody in this world and helping those who doesn't have a voice.
Also inside the winner of Best Animated Short Films. Btw I don't find anything worth talking about with Jolie - Anniston thingie that people are talking about today.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Alexis Grace is through yet I don't think she has any capability at all in the Top 12 compared to previous season.
Carly Smithson and Michael Johns perform "The Letter" tonight. It's great. Even one of them could defeat the 3 people who go to Top 12 tonight easily.
I hope the judges pick Anoop Desai,Stevie Wright,Ann Marie Boskovich for the wild card. And give Tatiana a chance to entertain us too.
Next week: I think Adam Lambert and Matt Giraud are definitely good to go on Top 12,for the girls it might be Jasmine Murray if she performs really well.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
- Ricky Braddy (woah he's very good!!His vocal certainly WOWed me,I hope if he didn't make it tomorrow,the judges will pick him for the wild card)
- Alexis Grace (I don't know why but I didn't dig this performance much. Btw her dad looks like a shaman from Native American community LOL)
- Brent Keith (I sense an awkwardness in his performance. I really didn't like his performance at all)
- Stevie Wright (aww I feel bad for her. Great catchy song but a rather horrific performance. I want to like it but something hinders me. She's way better than this song. I want to see more vocal range from her)
- Anoop Desai (I think I got an orgasm watching this beautiful performance. It's very romantic for the girls out there and the vocal is flawless. The song is lovely too. I really hope he pass through tomorrow)
- Casey Carlson (OMG!!!What a disaster!!She's winking,the performance looks slutty,her face was awkward,her mouth opened like a swallowing statue or mouth of whale and her dance is horrendous)
- Michael Sarver (a pretty good performance for me)
- Ann Marie Boskovich (I love her performance although she could've done it better but considered many of the trainwreck girl performance tonight,she's one of the best)
- Stephen Fowler (pretty good for me but it's somewhat forgettable performance. He's toast)
- Tatiana Del Torro (where's Tatiana??She's so shy tonight. Nice performance though)
- Danny Gokey (he's pretty good but his performance was below my expectation. I had expected him to perform stellar like "I Hope You Dance" rendition but he didn't)
1. Anoop Desai
2. Ricky Braddy
3. Ann Marie Boskovich
4. Danny Gokey
5. Stevie Wright
6. Michael Sarver
7. Alexis Grace
8. Jackie Tohn
9. Tatiana Del Toro
10. Stephen Fowler
11. Brent Keith
12. Casey Carlson
I rank my list based on how good the performance is,how I love the song,the stage present,etc. I definitely have a bias because if someone sing a song that I like very much,it's usually increase his/her point on my list despite how bad he/she is,if it's very worst performance,then he/she dies on my list.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Artist; Song; Album
1. Lily Allen; The Fear; It’s Not Me,It’s You
2. Katy Perry; Thinking Of You; One of The Boys
3. Taylor Swift; Love Story; Fearless
4. Miranda Cosgrove; About You Now; iCarly Soundtrack
5. David Archuleta; A Little Too Not Over You; David Archuleta
6. Kelly Clarkson; My Life Would Suck Without You; All I Ever Wanted
7. The Fray; You Found Me; The Fray
8. All American Rejects; Gives You Hell; When The World Comes Down
9. Britney Spears; Circus; Circus
10. Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat; Lucky; We Sing,We Dance,We Steal Things
Sorry I haven't updated my list for long times -_-
Friday, February 13, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Well,fortunately many great contestants are in the Top 36. It seems I have so many of my favourites inside:
- Anoop Desai (he's my pick for the male contender)
- Taylor Vaifanua (in the audition,her voice is so great,let's hope she's great in the Top 36)
- Lil Rounds (one big belter amidst all variety of contestants.She's going to go way far deep in the competition)
- Alexis Grace (she's very good)
- Danny Gokey (I'm not 100% supporting him because I only love his "I Hope You Dance" rendition and the rest is not too much like other people out there)
- Adam Lambert (I can't wait for what he'll be singing in the competition)
- Jasmine Murray (one of my most favorite female contender)
- Arianna Afsar (I love her too)
- Megan Corkrey (too bad we only saw her audition and not the Hollywood round)
- Stevie Wright (so many great female singer)
- Kendall Beard (the country singer for this competition)
- Matt Giraud (I love his soulful type of singing)
- Kris Allen (YES!!!I love him,he's a great singer)
- Anne Marie Boskovich (she will crush the other girls)
If I have to narrow my pick,it'll be: Anoop Desai,Jasmine Murray,Anne Marie Boskovich,Stevie Wright,Kris Allen,Megan Corkrey.
Btw I don't see Kenny Haufpouer advancing,I'm sad. He's good at Hollywood round.
Joanna Pacitti is disqualified
Click this link
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
There are so many of great performances tonight,looks like it will be an interesting Top 36.
I'll give my full pick tomorrow after they decide the Top 36. Anoop Desai certainly will be my pick for male.
For female it might be Jasmine Murray,Stevie Wright,Taylor Vaifanua,and so on.
I can't wait for tomorrow.^^
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Thursday, February 05, 2009
India Morrison, Matt Giraud, Kris Allen and Justin Williams aka “White Chocolate" who perform "I Want You Back" is so fantastic. I think this is one of the best group performance tonight.
Woah,the drama in Kristin McNamara,Nathanial Marshall and Nancy Wilson's group is so bad. I don't understand why they fuss over simple things. And Nancy should've kept her temper down,maybe her attitude sent her home.
Adam Lambert is so great too. I believe we have so many of great singer this year. This will be exciting in the Top 36,the fan war will become a blood bath.
Btw Bikini Girl is little bit crazy too.
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Meanwhile,what the hell happened with Von Smith???I don't understand the buzz around him,he can sing alright in Broadway or stage like that but seriously he's not suitable for this competition.I can't stand his voice.-_-
Danny Gokey's rendition of "Kiss From a Rose" is fantastic!!!
Lil Rounds "I Will Always Love You" is a bit difficult for me to listen because her tones is too high on that one.
I think Bikini Girl's chance to go all the way through to the big stage is slim.Her performance of "Breathe" by Faith Hill although is pretty nice but can't stand out with all the rest.
I don't know but I prefer last year's style of Hollywood week.With every contestants deserve second chance to perform if they suck at the first.Group singing is fine with me,I love watching drama.LOL
Monday, February 02, 2009
This film basically tells a story about the old time war between elves (and others like goblin,troll,etc) and human. King Balor (elves king) uses Golden Army created by goblin to crush the human. After that,they make a truce and everyone will stay in their own territory.
In the present,Prince Nuada (the son of King Balor who didn’t agree with the truce) declares war on the human because human don’t respect the nature and destroy everything to build a mall or a parking lot. For his plan to works,he needs a crown (the control device of the Golden Army),which broken into 3 pieces,one in the hand of human,two in the elves.
Hellboy,Abe and Liz must do whatever they can to protect mankind. And to make things more interesting,there will be a new leader for the Bureau.
This movie takes forever to be played in my city’s theater,but it’s worth it. I love the variety of creatures in this movie such as Tooth Fairy,Troll and especially every strange creatures on Troll Market and much more weird looking entity.
If you a fan of magical creatures,you must see this movie. For character’s drama and relationship,Hellboy and Liz will have their relationship issues,Abe will have a crush on someone.
I hope they make the third movie.