Music

Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 36 Group 2 Performances

Tonight was so bad,I'm horrified by the fact that this group couldn't be better than last week's group. I still wonder why.

- Jasmine Murray (oh no!!Crap!!She doesn't perform as great as she should. It's not a bad performance though but I'm afraid it doesn't cut it for Top 12. She should've sang a soulful song)
- Matt Giraud (Already 2 great contenders come crashing down in the beginning of the show tonight. On the other hand I feel that his performance is pretty good. I like his interpretation of the song but don't know why the judges slam it. Matt might be destined to be in the wild card round if he doesn't make it tomorrow)
- Jeanine Vailes (even a combination of many holy saint in this world's history couldn't save her. It's mediocre and she have to perform really fantastic to slip through to Top 12 and she doesn't. I like her falsetto though in some parts. Well,enjoy this one last day because she's going home tomorrow)
- Nick Mitchell/Norman Gentle (Gotta love it!!!Gotta love it!! It's very entertaining,fun,memorable,stands out. Tomorrow no one can predict what will happen)
- Allison Iraheta (woah,she's almost as good as Carrie back then. She definitely outsings every single girl contestants tonight)
- Kris Allen (HOORAYYYY!! Kris performs really well,I'm mesmerized by this performance. Usually I'm not a fan of Michael Jackson's songs being sung on the show but I love Kris version of this song. Good job,Kris. I hope everyone vote for you)
- Megan Corkrey (pretty performance although I'm on the fence for this one. I prefer her audition over this. I love her eccentric Corkrey style though,swinging her hands and standing still on the stage.)
- Matt Breitzke (I can see a moment where I like his performance but overall it's very boring. I'm accidentally daydreaming when I watch this performance)
- Jesse Langseth (nice melody on piano,love the song but it's overwhelmed her performance. It's basically ruining everything. I would've loved the performance more if she's not singing and let the music do the talking)
- Kai Kalama (I HATE IT!!!! I don't like this performance at all. Anoop already has his copyright version of this song. Meaning no one can sing as good as what Anoop did on group round)
- Mishavonna Henson (I expected more from her. This song doesn't do anything for me as I wish it would. Tonight everyone is mediocre at best,only a few stand out)
- Adam Lambert ( his vocal range is indeed out of this world but his performance isn't that great for me. How do I put it.......it stands out,it's loud,sometimes it's screeching,he has great stage presence. Overall mixed opinion from me)

Group 2 Ranking:
1. Kris Allen
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Nick Mitchell/Norman Gentle
4. Matt Giraud
5. Adam Lambert
6. Megan Corkrey
7. Jasmine Murray
8. Mishavonna Henson
9. Jesse Langseth
10. Matt Breitzke
11. Jeanine Vailes
12. Kai Kalama

Updated: After watching it few times,I should've put Jesse Langseth higher than Adam Lambert. She sounds pretty good and reminds me of 90's era of music.

No comments: