Music

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Movie Review : Drag Me To Hell


The first time I watched the trailer of this movie,it didn’t move me at all and made me want to go to the theater and watch it. It’s my friends who make me curious about this movie,most of them are raving about this movie. And I just found out that the director is Sam Raimi (Spiderman movie’s director). So today I decided to watch this movie,fortunately got pretty good seat,the theater was almost full but because I was alone (my brother isn’t interested to watch this) so I could get a seat very easily.


Christine (Alison Lohman) who works in a loan company,wants to get the promotion to be an assistant manager. She has to duke it out with her cunning colleague,Stu. One day,an old lady,Mrs Gannush comes to her begging for extension of her mortgage payment. She feels sorry for that old lady but after some thought,she decides to deny the extension,in order to impress her boss. Then Mrs Gannush got mad and attacks her,and gives her the curse of Lamia.


After that,Christine’s life begin to look like a living hell and she’s being terrorized with all the noise,shadow,poltergeist kind of phenomena,etc. All that craziness are standing in the way to her promotion and her relationship with her boyfriend’s parents. You should watch the movie,to find out the rest.


After I watched the movie,I agree with most people’s review that this movie is scary yet funny. The 2 girls beside me were jumping out of their seat all the time throughout the movie,that made everything funny for me personally. And I applaud this movie for giving me many shocked moments,this movie has many of them that if you have heart problems,you shouldn’t go watch it. Your grandparents shouldn’t either. It’s bad for them. I can handle it pretty much because I’m an avid horror fan although this recent years I haven’t watched all that many and I have to catch up with so many movies on my list.


This movie confirms my distaste for insects. There’s gross puke involved. I want to slap the mother of her boyfriend,Clay (Justin Long) for wanting her son to marry some high class woman and not Christine,who’s a farm girl back then before her job as a loan officer.


All the cult,spell and atmosphere on this movie is perfectly placed. It reminds me why I love that kind of thing from a movie or game. But I’m disappointed with the ending. I need an explanation why the director made it that way although I can understand his logic but still,it’s like having sex without orgasm.


Links : Official site

Wikipedia

IMDB

Rotten Tomatoes

No comments: