Music

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Movie Review : Watchmen


I've just moved from my old house to a new house. That's why I haven't been online for long time,because it took forever to install the internet in this house. Btw I watched this movie on August 22nd,I hope I still remember that time LOL.

Oh Indonesia's movie theater,why it took this long to release Watchmen in my city. I already lost hope but I was excited that at last this movie was being released in here. I don't know this comic book,it's just my habit that I watch all superheroes movies on the movie theater,just to get the feeling of it. I only knew that this movie is centered around Nixon's era and that year in the US.

The graphic of this movie is outstanding,I was mesmerized but the story is sleep-inducing. This is the first time that I fell asleep inside the theater,it's so hard to open my eyes because the story is difficult to understand at many parts and (I just know) that this movie doesn't cater to general mainstream audiences,it stays true to the comic book's storyline. While I applaud the director's decision but I was so upset that I didn't enjoy this movie.

There was one kid beside me,his father had to put his hands in front of this kid everytime a nude scene or a sex scene appears. LMAO. It surprised me too,this movie is full of raunchy scenes. It's so explicitly violence too,on that front,I loved it!!

Too bad most of the movie's storyline is blur to me,it just captured my attention near the end where it has a lot of action.Overall,I was disappointed but I love some of the groundbreaking elements from this movie such as the graphic and the violence.

Link : Official Website
Wikipedia
Rotten Tomatoes
IMDB

No comments: