Music

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Top 12 Performance with Guest Coach Diana Ross

I think tonight was little bit interesting in the way that it was such a letdown compare to Top 12 last year. The girls performance killed it though,the boys as i thought was suck. I still upset that they didn't change the 6 boys 6 girls rule.They should change it into all girls/most girls and no boys rule. Also i thought Diana Ross didn't critic their vocal lesson enough. I think some good advise is needed for some bad contestants.

Top 3 Performance:
1. Melinda Doolittle (what a great performance,it even made me cried for a little.Because she sang it with her heart and the emotion of the lyrics came across to audience especially to me.I hope she win this thing)
2. Lakisha Jones (her performance gave me goosebumps.I think it was her best performance yet,the weird thing was she said that it was the first time she heard of the song,but she brought the house down.Way to go,Kiki)
3. I'm torn between Blake,Stephanie,Chris and Jordin.Blake gave a great arrangement to the song,Stephanie as usual sang it amazingly,i liked Chris performance so much and Jordin's vocal was awesome

Bottom 3 Performance:
1. Brandon Rogers (please go home tomorrow,he haven't brought his A game yet.I really can't understand why he always delivered mediocre performances.sigh)
2. Sanjaya Malakar (oh no,why he sang that song,i think guys not suited to sing that song IMHO.As usual he didn't give power to his voice/performance)
3. Chris Sligh (the arrangement was great but i felt that he sang it normally,as if he wasn't having any emotion when he sang that song)

Overall it was below my expectations,i thought it will be good night.It turned out to be a night which the boys ruined the great show showered with great girls performance.

No comments: