Music

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Top 7 Performance (Country Week with Martina McBride)

1. Phil Stacey (wow,he was so great.It's his best performance so far.I liked his voice in this performance,no more horrifying sound,this is the kind of performance that i can listen too anyday of the week.Good job,Phil.I never thought that coming) My #3 Pick

2. Jordin Sparks (that was superb.Her voice is so amazing.She seems to always hit the high notes with no difficulty at all.That was a great performance)

3. Sanjaya Malakar (if he gave it more power to his voice,it might be a great performance.Too bad he sang it like usual,in his smooth voice.I think this song needs a bigger and powerful voice though to make it great) Bottom Picks

4. Lakisha Jones (i agreed with the judges.She seemed to had a difficulty when she was singing this song.Her breath couldn't cope with the song and she stopped few times in some notes. It was weird really and shouty.I think it was her worst performance so far) *notes:after i heard it on my winamp,it even worse,i'm afraid for her tomorrow.Hope she doesn't get eliminated* Bottom Picks

5. Chris Richardson (i enjoyed that performance,but i thought his voice little bit overwhelmed by the bands.I thought it was good choice of song though.) *wow,he brave enough to talk back to Simon.I think Simon was so mad because the contestants more likely to talk back to the judges this year because they know that they don't have to be a winner to have a success in music industry.Look at Chris Daughtry*

6. Melinda Doolittle (it was one of her best performance.She brought back the fun Melinda that appeared back then at the Top 24 performance) My #2 Pick

7. Blake Lewis (i think it was the best performance of the night.I liked the song choice.His voice was great.It's awesome) My #1 Pick

Hmm,i dunno if i can call tonight one of the best night on AI this year. But definitely tonight was below my expectations. Even last year country week was much better than this.
Btw i thought Martina's advice was great though.And i'm looking forward to her performance tomorrow.

No comments: