Music

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Top 9 Performance Tonight with Tony Bennett

1. Blake Lewis (in the beginning i thought his tempo was way too fast but in the end he finished it well.Pretty good i thought)
2. Phil Stacey (he didn't sell the performance well enough.At last the judges had same opinion with me about his lack of connection on this performance.Although he said that tonight was the night that he's been waiting for,but he delivered a disappointed performance) Bottom 3 Pick
3. Melinda Doolittle (the first half was so-so but she built a great momentum with the song and killed it in the end.She's so great.I agree with the judges that there won't be any negative input for her if she delivers great performance every week.Way to go,Melinda)
4. Chris Richardson (he had fun while he was performing.And i agree with the judges again tonight,that was great performance.Fun,hip,young,likeable.I think it was one of his best performance so far) Top #3 Pick
5. Jordin Sparks (what an amazing vocal she had,although i agree that it was old fashioned,but i loved that style.I think she became a strong contender each and each week.Two thumbs up for her) Top #2 Pick
6. Gina Glocksen (i think it was okay for me.I applauded her though that although she's a rocker chick but she really can deliver jazz/swing performance) Bottom 3 Pick
7. Sanjaya Malakar (it was pretty good,i enjoyed the dancing with Paula.I really hope though that he go out from his comfortable zone in the week to come) Bottom 3 Pick
8. Haley Scarnato (that was pretty good,i thought she could done it better than that.Her performance seemed too much go around the stage for me,and i slightly didn't feel the essence of the song)
9. Lakisha Jones (that was fantastic,i loved it very much.My pick of the best performance of the night) My #1 Pick

Overall although last season's theme like this much better because of the effect and the feeling in the stage.But tonight was very good theme and performances for me.

No comments: