Music

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

American Idol 7 Top 11 Performances (The Beatles Songbook)

This Beatles theme back to back made me sick,it's so bad that I don't wanna hear anything Beatles again for the time being. If I have to compare it with Season 5 and 6,this season definitely lacking everything like very bad song choices,lackluster vocal,etc. It's so hard to find a handful of great performances this season,maybe in one night I can pick 3-4 songs for my taste.

1. David Archuleta (he bounced back and delivered a perfect strong performance.It's fantastic)
2. Carly Smithson (she took a slow song and sang it with conviction. This performance gave me vibe like European-Irish vibe in it lol :P)
3. David Cook (he's force to be reckoned with,if he maintain his strength,it's a good chance that he will win or ended up on Top 3)
4. Syesha Mercado (at last, a great performance from Syesha. She picked the right song and she sang it beautifully) PHOENIX OF THE NIGHT
5. Chikezie Eze (I loved his ballad performance at the beginning but he took a little bit wrong turn with the harmonica and grass country tones)
6. Michael Johns (good performance but he really needs to step it up and make this mediocre performance stop)
7. Jason Castro (wow,he learned French in few days???He's so good. Although I agree with the judges that the performance seemed corny and festival-ish)
8. Brooke White (awkward performance but it's expected from her,she's unique and I think no one in the entire Idol history that I've watched is like her)
9. Kristy Lee Cook (better than last week but the band were overwhelming for her tiny vocal)
10. Amanda Overmyer (same and same again each week,boring for me)
11. Ramiele Malubay (she should go home if she can't deliver a great performance.It's killing me when I heard her performance.

Who will go home tomorrow??Either Amanda or Kristy.

No comments: