Music

Thursday, February 24, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Las Vegas Week

I was so excitedddd waiting for tonight's episode. Couldn't wait to see Las Vegas week. Let's recap:

- I love Peggy Blu!! Very fierce!! LMAO Thia Megia and Melinda Ademi's face makes me laugh.
- Uh oh Jimmy Lovine schooled the contestants.
- I can't believe it that some contestants never heard Beatles song.
- Ashley Sullivan will be married in the chapel. This doesn't surprise me. She's just there for the drama and jokes.
- James Durbin and Stefano Langone give a strong performance. I already loved their performance from the snippet commercial.
- Pia Toscano and Karen Rodriguez continue to offer great performance. I love it!!
- Naima,Jacob and Haley has their own strong unique voice but their harmonies rather all over the place for me personally. I remembered David Archuleta blew me away with this song.
- Randy tells Jacob to belt it out,while Jimmy told him not to. Who's to listen to?? Randy is hypocrite anyway in his judgement so better listen to Jimmy,Jacob!!
- Lauren Turner's voice impresses me so much. Spectacular voice!!
- Oh godddd,Tim Halperin made me swooned!! So gooddddddd!! The best performance so far that I've seen this season.
- Jerome Bell is hot in that outfit!! I think he could be a solid black contender. Thanks God,they finally showed Lakeisha.
- Kendra Chantelle is gorgeous. Beautiful performance. Paul McDonald's unique soft voice is interesting to listen to. They did Blackbird song justice. I love Carly Smithson's rendition for this song back then in Season 7.
- Ashley Sullivan got married and LOL at her husband's awkward face.
- Bye bye Ashley. Your voice isn't that good anyway!!
- Thia and Melinda performed!! This wasn't that bad for me!! Thia's voice is growing on me somehow.
- Sophia Sorai got a heavy burden to compensate for Ashley's trainwreck voice.
- Lauren,Denise,Scotty's performance is interesting and funny. Not a good song for them!!
- Robbie Rosen officialy got the highest singing airtime this year for me!! Luckily,he got the goods to back it up!!
- I'm so bummed that Carson Higgins got cut. He could be an interesting addition in this year's lineup.
- Molly DeWolf,the White House intern got cut. We didn't get to see her performance in Hollywood week etc. Bummed!!
- Naima got through to Top 24. She deserved it!! I hope America will see the talent rather than focus on her eccentric style.
- Hollie Cavanagh got cut!! NOOOOOOOOO she delivered solid performance so far. I hope she come back next year.
- Lakeisha Lewis got cut infuriates me. She didn't get her airtime (only snippet),Idol hates fat people. I wanted another Mandisa in the line-up. Oh well!!
- I'm bummed that Alex Ryan got cut. I think he might have something new to offer,maybe emo-gothic-teenager persona. Plus he's cute.
- Clint "Douchebag" Gamboa get through,at least he got talent.
- Something about Haley Reinhart's gritty voice turns me off sometimes. I hope she can find that balance,in order not to be a gimmick.
- Deandre Brackensick got cut. Oh well,he's another one of very good contestant this year.
- Something about Paul McDonald soothes me!! I want him as my brother. He looks like someone with an old soul. Can't wait to see his performance on live stage.
- Ashton Jones got through to Top 24. Yay!! She's solid!! I love her stage presence!!
- Finally,Chris Medina got cut!! The big shocking spoiler is him after all!! LOL Thanks God,they have the courage to cut him. He got a mediocre talent. He doesn't deserve to sail through based on his vocal.

The final hour felt so slow for me!! Too many commercial!! I wanted to see more beatles performance. Oh well. I'm satisfied!!

No comments: