Music

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Group 3 Performances

I don't know what happened tonight. It's was awful trainwreck crap. This is the first time I wasn't caring for the 2 hours show because how bad it was. It's like a dump of shit combined with meteor shower and it all exploded in your face. Sigh. To think that I had lower expectation and this group might impress me somehow and it wasn't. Let's review:

- Von Smith (his lower notes are a little bit overwhelmed by the background music but at least it's a pleasant and not shrieky performance. I think he has the skill to blow us away but definitely with the right song)
- Taylor Vaifanua (I ain't got your back anymore,Taylor. She used to be one of my favorite but this performance is so horrificly bad. Her stage's movement is awkward,I don't like the song and I can't find anything to like on this performance. Doomed!!)
- Alex Wagner Trugman (the growls is too much for me. The vocal is all over the place and I hate it. I thought he'd suprised me and it turns out it's not)
- Arianna Afsar (I don't like the arrangement,it's very weird,it looks like she's singing in different tempo with the band but at least I love the song. She gave it all vocally though. Maybe if she sang it in acapella it would be so much better.)
- Ju'not Joyner (although I'm not a fan of his smoky voice but I give him the compliment "the best performance so far". Love the arrangement and he can control his voice. I'm impressed)
- Kristen McNamara (she sings Give Me One Reason in an entirely different arrangement compared to Jordin Sparks version 2 years ago. I love it, it's great. Her vocal range is amazing although she seems sick tonight.)
- Nathaniel Marshall (when he tunes the performance up into dancing beat,it becomes super horrible but in the end it's not that bad. Please sing a serious song like what you did with Disturbia in Hollywood,Nate!! That was a better performance than this messy one)
- Felicia Barton (she wowed me tonight!! It's a breath of fresh air. This is one of the best performances of the night.)
- Scott MacIntyre (he's really connecting to the song and it's a breathtakingly nice performance.)
- Kendall Beard (pretty good performance but she could've picked a better country song)
- Jorge Nunez (David Archuleta sang this one better but I'll say that Jorge has the pipes and conviction when he sings tonight and it's pretty good performance)
- Lil Rounds (I'm a little bit disappointed. She performs below my expectation. I thought this performance could save the whole crapfest tonight and it fails to deliver. It's a generic good performance. Oh my...)

Ranking:
1. Ju'not Joyner
2. Scott MacIntyre
3. Kristen McNamara
4. Felicia Barton
5. Jorge Nunez
6. Kendall Beard
7. Von Smith
8. Lil Rounds
9. Arianna Afsar
10. Nathaniel Marshall
11. Alex Wagner Trugman
12. Taylor Vaifanua

1 comment:

aquayers said...

hi,Sarah. Thanks so much for your compliment. I feel honored that you enjoy reading my blog. That surely motivates me to improve my blog. Thanks again.