Music

Thursday, March 12, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 13 Performances (Michael Jackson's Themes)

I write this after I watched for the 2nd times:

- Lil Rounds (I disagree with the whole judges but Simon. It's good,not great. The second half of the song is better. I still don't get the hype about her. She's currently the weakest black divas on Idol I've known since I watched the show on Season 4)
- Scott MacIntyre (in the beginning it's great,I get a goosebumps but it starts going downhill after that. The band's sounds overwhelm Scott's voice. It's no good,I'm not enjoying the rest of his performance) ...after 2nd times watching,it's pretty neat but still too overwhelmed by the background sound
- Danny Gokey (a very good performance,I enjoy it so much. The beginning of the song is rather plain but through the end it picks up momentum and overall it really impress me. Great job)
- Michael Sarver (oh woah!!He's showing no sign of tanking tonight. It's arguably the best performance so far. He imbues his performance with tenacity,passion and everything he got. His voice really sounds good on this one.)
- Jasmine Murray (a little bit bland I think and too much repetitive on the chorus. It's like "I'll Be There" almost the entire times of her performance and the high notes is pretty pitchy sometimes)
- Kris Allen (pretty good performance,I love his guitar playing movement. Though I need to see more,cause I know he still got plenty of ammunition to show it to us in the weeks ahead. I hope Kris will make it through)
- Allison Iraheta (I'm sorry,Allison. That's atrocious. I don't like the song,the melody is awful,everything is horrible. I feel that I want to kill myself while I'm listening to this performance. It's like the scene of 1 million car crashes.)
- Anoop Desai (beat it already,it's trainwreck. I don't like his song choice at all. I'm waiting for someone to make me jump off my chair).....after 2nd watching,he's really cool though in his stage presence
- Jorge Nunez (it's not that bad but it's very boring. It's like he feels not right with his song choice,maybe the producers screwed his song choice)
- Megan Corkrey ( a breath of fresh air,although it's utterly out of the planet and bizarre performance but I like it. It's very unique and fun)
- Adam Lambert (Fabulous!!Fabulous indeed!! The best of the night. Extremely entertaining,fantastic,way above my expectation,I'm clapping the entire performance because I'm so excited. It's so good!!)....2nd watching,I love it more and more
- Matt Giraud (pretty good performance following a hugely popular Adam's performance. He could've done better though in my opinion,still I prefer him to sing it only with his voice and his piano. No need for the background band. It's really annoying and too overwhelm)
- Alexis Grace (way better than her last performance,one of the best of the night,it's like a mistress from other galaxy come to give us a visit and made our day)

My ranking:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Danny Gokey
3. Alexis Grace
4. Michael Sarver
5. Kris Allen
6. Megan Corkrey
7. Matt Giraud
8. Jasmine Murray
9. Scott MacIntyre
10. Lil Rounds
11. Anoop Desai
12. Jorge Nunez
13. Allison Iraheta

The 1st time I watched the show,I hated it but the 2nd times I begin to enjoy it and get used to Michael Jackson's song. Overall it's pretty good night.

Prediction of going home tomorrow: Jorge Nunez,Michael Sarver,Jasmine Murray (don't know which two)

No comments: