Music

Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 10 Performances (Motown Week)

- Matt Giraud (pretty good performance although I expected him to sing different song than this. I'm already bored with "Let's Get It On". It's been done to death on Idol)
- Kris Allen (hmm it's good. Kris sang this song to the max but once again I'm not diggin' it as I should've,maybe because of the song choice. But Kris's definitely cemented himself as the songwriter singer type in this competition)
- Scott MacIntyre (finally they threw him under the bus,complete with bomb set up so that it'll explode. I like the tempo changing in the song but overall Scott is singing the same kind of song week after weeks)
==WTF with the song tonight!!!I feel bored!!
- Megan Joy Corkrey (it's not a trainwreck at all for me. At least it's very jazzy and entertaining. A breath of fresh air really this far. Although I noticed many pitchy notes and the bandzilla overwhelmed her on the stage)
- Anoop Desai (boring. Tonight's song choice is really killing me. At best I would rate all contestants this far 70. It's so boring. I can't wait for this show to end. Btw,oh no!!! They suggested Anoop to tune it up next week,I hope he'll pick a really great song and not just go "Beat It" or "My Prerogative" like few weeks ago that destroyed his chance)
- Michael Sarver (tonight's a massacre field for mediocre contestants. The bus are lining up ready to grind them one by one. Michael's performance is nice,as nice as watching an Office Idol on your company. Everybody's karaoke-ing to the heaven but still it's karaoke at best,not a fantastic performance)
- Lil Rounds (lil bit amazing in some parts,heartfelt but not a showstopper)
- Adam Lambert (fantastic performance!!!Adam's worthy of my support. I'm honored that he delivers great and different performances every week. That's what defined American Idol. Btw is it his ex boyfriend on the audience??)
- Danny Gokey (good vocal but still karaoke,Danny is getting crushed by Adam lately. The judge's grand plan for the finale between those two isn't working at all for me. Danny is like a peasant versus Adam as a God)
- Allison Iraheta (spectacular performance!!Flawless and full of energy. Allison's been stepping it up week after week. Great job!!)

My Ranking:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta
(huge gap)
3. Kris Allen
4. Matt Giraud
5. Megan Joy Corkrey
6. Anoop Desai
7. Danny Gokey
8. Lil Rounds
9. Scott MacIntyre
10. Michael Sarver

No comments: