Music

Saturday, March 21, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 11 iTunes Studio Recording Review

At last I'm able to download all the songs. It's hard to find a site that allow my download manager to download smoothly. So here's my review:

- Kris Allen (I love his recording song. You guys should buy it!! It's so smooth and will touch your heart. He's definitely ready to record his voice)
- Scott MacIntyre (I'm glad that Scott redeem himself in this studio version,last week's studio was horrible and this is way better. Smooth,full of energy. Good job!!)
- Adam Lambert (hmm I like this one,the background sitar and all the instruments go all the way,definitely gives this song a Middle Eastern flavor with somewhat rock-ish tune)
- Alexis Grace (better than the live performance but I feel that Alexis hasn't showed her real knockout voice yet,I really want to hear her sing like what she sang in the introduction clip,when she's with her dad and sang "i can feel the rain...". That was fantastic voice,I want to hear that. But oh well.....she's already gone home)
- Allison Iraheta (love love love this recording,very rock country with raw voice. You can dance with this song LOL that's how good/fun it is)
- Anoop Desai (oh woah,million times way better than the live performance. It feels like Anoop is right here in my room singing it in front of me. His vocal is so smooth,tender,very suitable for this type of song. Must buy!!)
- Danny Gokey (WTF!!!He isn't singing the first verse,it's talking.It's like a child humming the song.BIG FAIL AGAIN!!! He's humming the second verse too and blast the chorus. One of the worst recording this week.I'm horrified by this recording. I'm not even liking the last part,if he'll be the winner of this season,Idol will definitely jump the shark the last time.)
- Lil Rounds (not bad!!I like her studio version. It's very enjoyable.)
- Megan Joy Corkrey (hmm I'm on the fence with this recording. The melody is better than the live performance but Megan's voice is still the same)
- Michael Sarver (karaoke at best)
- Matt Giraud (very different from Carrie's version which I love to death. It's my theme song of 2007 but I think Matt did a great job in his recording. I don't know that he has so many layer within his voice.)

No comments: