Music

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 3 Performances

1st round (The contestants's song choices)
- Casey James (in order for Lee vs Crystal dream TPTB finale to happen,they put Casey to perform first,contestants song choice first & judges choice later,in order to prevent showstopper performance like Kris Allen last year to happen,and it works. Casey's performance is so blah,meh and lazy. He has major nerve going on in the beginning of the song. He'd be toast if he didn't transform his 2nd performance into magic)
I saw Lilly Scott far away in the audiences.
- Crystal Bowersox (I love the first note,the rest are okay. Not a great performance. The band ruined everything. It's too mediocre for Crystal. Sigh. Hoping for a great 2nd performance.)
- Lee Dewyze (this is what I'm talking about. I want to see them duking it out in this final stage of competition. I love this performance,the accoustic at the beginning,the right arrangement for the band,his voice soars and fills the stage perfectly. This rock version of Lee is what people have been waiting for. Great job,Lee. I'm impressed!!)
2nd round (The judges's song choices)
- Casey James (he sang it better than my expectation,quite beautiful performance there. Albeit verging on sleepy and slow tempo. Hence,great playing guitar as always from Casey. I hope Casey has his chance too to sneak in into the top 2. Since he has Jealous Guy & Don't in his resume so far)
- Crystal Bowersox (holy crap,Crystal blows me away. I didn't know that she could sing like that,and she doesn't bring her guitar out. A risky move indeed. She sang that song outta the park & adding 1 more fantastic performances into her showstopper performances list. The way she pushed her voice reminds me of Season 6 divas year)
- Lee Dewyze (oh gosh,the pimping. It's like Crystal has lost and Lee won this competition. I can't stand it. Yes,he has quite good performance but he has some flat notes in the higher register and the choir is so cheesy,everything just smells over-pimping for me)

My rank:
1. Lee Dewyze (Simple Man)
2. Crystal Bowersox (Maybe I'm Amazed)
3. Casey James (Daughters)
4. Lee Dewyze (Hallelujah)
5. Crystal Bowersox (Come To My Window)
6. Casey James (OK,It's Alright With Me)

No comments: