Music

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 5 Performances (Sinatra Theme)

Of course they did filler endlessly at the beginning,I was already super bored with all of this shit. Another filler again after the commercial. Geesh!!

- Aaron Kelly (uh oh the band overwhelmed his voice. Why can't they tone down the bandzilla a bit so that we can hear the contestant's voice more clearly?? And no Ellen,I could still hear country from his voice. It's so weird those country jazz vocal. I think it's okay though)
- Casey James (thanks Casey for the conviction free and awkward performance. The vocal was all over the place. I didn't get a single good moment from this performance. He'll go home tomorrow,I think)
- Crystal Bowersox (woah,I never thought she could sing a jazz song this perfectly. Her phrasing is of course flawless,she looks like a jazz singer & not folk at all,although the song made me sleepy but I think she excels)
- Michael Lynche (somehow he lost me in the beginning part of the performance & I didn't get excited at all about this performance. I wanted to like it but I didn't,I dunno why. Kris sang this song beautifully last year while Mike just hit those big notes without any interesting addition to the performance)
I don't get this night. Usually I love big band night the most but tonight is blah. WTH with Lee getting pimp spot again???
- Lee Dewyze (OMG!! He just locks himself for the Top 2 there!! So full of swagger,it's just effortless,amazingly not pitchy like usual,everything just felt right. He could win this thing. Crystal better be watch out for Lee)

My rank:
1. Lee Dewyze
2. Crystal Bowersox
3. Aaron Kelly
4. Michael Lynche
5. Casey James

The one thing that I'm excited about for this week is Lady Gaga performing tomorrow.

No comments: