Music

Friday, April 30, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 6 Studio Recordings Review

- Lee Dewyze (surprise surprise,Lee's voice unrecognizable again in the booth. It's like he can't stay on pitch on live performance,and sing excellentlly on pitch in the recording. I don't like the beginning verse though,it's too jarring toward the chorus. I wish they smoothed that part. Oh well!!)
- Michael Lynche (woah,I'm very impressed. Mike sounds so good in this recording. Full of emotion,his spot on vocal,very emotional song,definitely capable of being a love song to be played on radio)
- Casey James (Casey brings it on again this week!! He delivers a great recording,almost as good as Jealous Guy. Sometimes the arrangement is too cheesy and loungey. I prefer the background music in his live performance. More current than this recording one)
- Crystal Bowersox (I feel like in a western cowboy movie with this old arrangement. The recording isn't that bad. With the perfect blues folk country style that Crystal perfectly sings. A lil bit faster arrangement that the one in the show. But not my cup of tea)
- Aaron Kelly (hmm the arrangement is verging on sleepy for me. But Aaron still got a nice vocal in his recording. I can't wait for his album)
- Siobhan Magnus (I love the flavor of rock in this country song. Siobhan did it nicely. Although some people don't like her nasally vocal but I love it. I think it's a pretty good recording from Siobhan. Love the scream at the end)

Overall I'm very bias this week because I love Shania Twain songs and I always imagine her voice in my mind when I'm listening to this kids.

The best recording this week: Michael Lynche,Siobhan Magnus,Casey James

No comments: