Music

Thursday, November 22, 2012

The X Factor Season 2: Top 10 Performances

 It's Thanksgiving week. Lots of melodramatic story tonight.

- Tate Stevens (here we go again,with Tate's backstory about his father couldn't pursue his passion in music and had to sacrifice for the family. I'm sure the southern will vote bajillion times because of this story. Tate still sings pretty good,I must say. He's getting more confident each weeks. I think he's in for the long haul)
- Diamond White (I definitely can relate with Diamond's family situation. Definitely this is the best performance she has. She sang it with so much conviction,I believe every words she sang. Although this is overdone song,Diamond makes it her own. Britney is still useless with her comments)
- Emblem3 (I agree with LA Reid. I also didn't feel any emotion from them. It's just vacant expression the whole performance. Khloe is unbearable with the questioning and saying over and over again that America in love with Emblem3).
- Arin Ray (this is so clusterfuck!! Arin was out of it. It's like his mind is somewhere else. I don't know what the heck happened with that song choice and everything. Could be the producers picking the song choice for Arin or something else. Arin could go home tomorrow. He's just losing the steam each weeks)
- Cece Frey (oh gawd,lethal sobstory there!! Cece could get A LOT of pity votes from the viewers. Her vocal though is the worst she's ever been. Cracking here and there. Ouch. But I give her kudos for trying to maintain her composure throughout the song)
- Fifth Harmony (hmm they are incredible individual singer,but it came to my knowledge that they use less time for harmony. They spent most of their time singing individually. I wish they practice their harmony more)
- Beatrice Miller (Beatrice's story almost made me bawling. Beautiful performance from her. Although I quite agree with Demi that her performance almost similar in that it's always subdued. Still waiting for the perfect song choice for her. For me,Beatrice's best performance is still Titanium on Judge's House)
- Vino Alan (OMG that was amazing!! I still remember Kristy Lee Cook's brilliant version of this song but Vino made this song his own. His performance gave me chills throughout my body. Amazing!!!)
- Paige Thomas (I wholeheartedly disagree with the judges. This is hands down one of the best performance of the night and Paige's best by a million miles. This is the perfect song for her. Yes,she pitchy in some parts but overall this is a strong performance from her. Wow!!!!)
- Carly Rose Sonenclar (impeccable vocal,but I still hate her mannerism and well rehearsed movement. It's like she's being trained all of her life for this. Still,she's the one to beat though)

No comments: