Music

Saturday, May 23, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 2 iTunes Studio Recording Review

- Adam Lambert (A Change Is Gonna Come)
OMG!!The tempo in this song is making me sleep. It's so drowsy although the recording itself is good. Adam makes his way in the song nicely but I don't like this recording. Not my favorite.
- Kris Allen (What's Going On)
I love the background music in this,somehow brings the laidback and cozy vibe to the song. I love this recording more than the live version,Kris's voice is smooth as always.Btw I know that this song is about Vietnam war but since I heard of this song the first time back then,I always think that this song=song about today's world problem.
- Kris Allen (No Boundaries)
I love this recording way more than the uncomfortable live version but here's the thing,the song itself is so atrocious,it's not catchy at all and making me like the song sometime and hate the song another time.Definitely the worst coronation song ever,why they called themselves songwriters for writing this crappy song??I agree with some people that Kris's voice is more suitable in this song but Adam has his own personal and different arrangement on this song.
- Adam Lambert (No Boundaries)
The beginning's rhytm of the song sounds like a BGM from Perfect World Online (an online game),it has a Chinese sound to it but Adam brings his rock persona to the song. A very good studio recording,of course way better than his live version which is horrible.

Overall,the coronation song this year is god damn awful!!But both of them making the song their own,plus some people like it and some people hate it. I hope both of them the best of luck.

My takes for the Grand Finale was it was one of the best Finale I've ever watched. If they made Alexis,Matt and Anoop to have more solo time,it'd be the best ever. Can't wait for next year Idol.

No comments: