Music

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 2/Finale Performances

Round 1: Contestants Pick

- Adam Lambert - Mad World (a very good performance,I didn't hear the tweak that he promised but still I love the haunting feeling in it. Can't reach the status as the original Mad World but still a great job)
- Kris Allen - Ain't No Sunshine (amazing performance,didn't slip off a bit. He gave it the same strength as the original one. Usually when a contestant reprise their old song,it couldn't do any better than the original. But I think Kris outdid himself. Way to go,Kris!!)

Round 1= Kris's performance won the round for me.

Round 2: Simon Fuller's Pick

- Adam Lambert - A Change Is Gonna Come (I prefer Syesha's version of this song,Adam is once again too screechy,I don't like that tone of his voice but his phrasing and diction was flawless. Still a pretty good performance. Not a showstopper though)
- Kris Allen - What's Going On (very laidback performance,I hate the song choice. I can't think of a better way to rearrange this song for the better. Simon Fuller shouldn't pick a damn song next year,please!!)

Round 2= Adam won but by not that much

So far,I liked last year more with Archie's 2 showstopper performance (DLTSGDOM,In This Moment) that gave me goosebumps

Round 3: Kara's coronation song (No Boundaries)

- Adam Lambert (WTH!! with this song. It's so horrible. Adam's performance was all over the place because of it. I blame Kara for writing this awful song. The worst coronation song ever in the history of Idol me think)
- Kris Allen (the bandzilla was dominating Kris's voice but I liked Kris performance more. He's struggling at the end though. It's so awkward watching him trying to outsing the band. I can't get over the horrendous song. I HATE IT!!!)

Round 3= Kris

Carrie Underwood won the night.LOL.I'm sad that this season will end tomorrow. So many potential in the beginning,but the show and the producers ruined everything by the format,judges save drama,manipulation,etc.And this finale night is pretty bad for me personally. I don't feel any wow factor in it. Well,maybe the 1st round did it justice but oh well........

My rank:
1. Kris Allen (Ain't No Sunshine)
2. Adam Lambert (Mad World)
3. Adam Lambert (A Change Is Gonna Come)
4. Kris Allen (What's Going On)
5. Kris Allen (No Boundaries)
6. Adam Lambert (No Boundaries)

No comments: