Music

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 3 Performances (Judges Choices and Personal Choices)

Judges Choices:

- Danny Gokey (WTF!!with this performance. It's cheesy,forgettable,the song is the worst choice ever,worse than Syesha's Happy Feet & I abhor the performance. It's like some old man singing at hotel's lounge really bad. The original version of the artist on youtube is so much better. Added the note that Danny's dancing is making me puke)
- Kris Allen (very good rendition but I expected Kris to arrange the song because it sounds too much like the original. Maybe he keeps his arsenal for his 2nd song but overall he hits all the notes and delivers a very good vocal performance. As good as One Republic's Ryan Tedder itself)
- Adam Lambert (meh,it's bad and way below my expectation. Elliot and Mary J Blige sang this song out of the park. Adam just doesn't do anything for me and he screams all over the song. Not his worst performance but this performance I'd put in Adam's weak performances's catalogue)

All judges's song choices are disappointing. The performances aren't worthy of praised. Btw after the commercial,they're pimping Carrie Underwood doing a mission on Angola LOL I can't wait for her 3rd album though.

Personal song choices:

- Danny Gokey (I'll give it to him that it's almost a vocal perfection at the end. In the beginning,it was rough. Overall ,Taylor Hicks owned this song in song delivery,heartfelt performance and bluesy soul. While Danny just repeating the chorus in a boring way and he's still rambling on and on after the judges criticized him.Shut up,Gokey!!)
- Kris Allen (OMG!!!OMG!!OMG!!The best performance ever from Kris & the best of the night. I hate Kanye's songs but this performance is so wonderful and spectacular. My jaw dropped. Holy shit,that's an American Idol's high standard of showstopper performance. Every performances should've been like that. Fantastic,Kris.)
- Adam Lambert (I thought he gonna sing Dream On to prove to Danny who sings that song better LOL but btw the bandzilla is too much on this performance. Very good performance but I prefer if he toned down the sounds. It's too loud and I already missed the soft ballad Adam)

My rank:
1. Kris Allen (Heartless)
2. Kris Allen (Apologize)
3. Adam Lambert (Cryin')
4. Danny Gokey (You Are So Beautiful)
5. Adam Lambert (One)
6. Danny Gokey (Dance Little Sisters)

I hope Kris will sail to the Finale with that performance. I really can't stand Danny's mediocrity performance. And the pimping is getting ridiculous every weeks.

No comments: