Music

Friday, May 15, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 3 iTunes Recording Review

- Danny Gokey (Dance Little Sisters)
very 80's music plus Danny's preaching inside. I can't stand it anymore. Afterall,Paula is a moron for choosing this awful song and he can't do any arrangement on the earth to make this song better.
- Kris Allen (Apologize)
I hated this song because it's already overplayed to the death at that time but David Archuleta's rendition last year was perfect. While Kris's recording does his own unique thing,it feels different from the original recording of the artist. And Kris's phrasing always spot on. I love this recording.
- Adam Lambert (One)
I think this is one of the few times Adam outdid his live version. I love the guitar strumming in this recording,make the song into a fresh version of Adam. The full song gives Adam a chance to work the song in his benefit,he gives a nice flow to the song. Loved it.
- Danny Gokey (You Are So Beautiful)
urrghh the tempo in this song is too slow and drowsy laden. I'm not a fan of Danny's low register tone in this recording. And his high notes in few places give me goosebumps not in a good way.
- Kris Allen (Heartless)
I know that some people complaint why Kris didn't do accoustic in his recording but I kind of enjoy this recording. With some violinist and accoustic guitar accompanied him,it gives a laid back vibe. It's like this is the perfect recording to bring to your vacation at the beach or resort. Take it whatever you want,but that's what my impression. Very good recording again from Kris.
- Adam Lambert (Cryin')
great job,Adam. I love this Aerosmith's song and you don't make me hate your recording. It has the perfect combination in everything,not like your live version which was too loud complete with the background singer sabotaging you.

No comments: