Music

Thursday, May 12, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 4 Performances

Rounds 1: Songs That Inspire Them
- James Durbin - Don't Stop Believing
Okay,he sang it like usual,no new arrangement like what he promised on Twitter. His vocal is solid,I enjoyed it,but Season 8 and Glee performed this song way better. A lot of revisionist history are happening this season,the judges clearly fawning over James last week. It is the blogosphere that didn't like his vocal performance last week.
- Haley Reinhart - Earth Song
Solid performance from Haley. Not that great,but pretty good. Here comes the bus!! OMG,since when they supposed to sing a hit song only at this stage of competition?? Shut the fuck up,Randy!! Clearly Randy has a personal vendetta against Haley. No matter what she did,Randy & J Lo will bus her. I'm fuming with anger seeing Haley tearing up. She's definitely frustrated with the judges. Thanks God,Steven defended her. Haley absolutely has the best vocal performance every weeks compared with the others.
- Scotty McCreery - Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning
Of course,Scotty is singing a song about 9/11,and pandering to the southern crowd. What a cunning guy!! He really turned me off big time!! His performance is okay,very lazy. I'm not surprised that the judges love it,while Haley got bussed for not singing a hit song (that's more popular worldwide than that Alan Jackson's song). What a hypocrite!!
- Lauren Alaina - Anyway
Pandering again for southern votes. She even changed the lyrics,adding storm in it. Okay performance,she looks nervous as heck. Of course,the judges fawning all over her. Randy even did what we predicted him to do this week,that he would say Lauren's coming back. Why's she coming back every 2 weeks?? What a douche. Jennifer isn't even trying to hide TPTB's intention for Lauren to be in the Finale. So sad for Haley,she's clearly over it. So much unfairness,so much pimping!! If I was there,I would smack those judges!!
Round 2: Lieber & Stoller Songs
- Haley Reinhart - I Who Have Nothing
Okay,I prefer Jordin Sparks's version way better but Haley definitely gave a fuck you to the judges with this performance. A very strong and dramatic rendition. She has to give it all as an underdog and she did. Save The Growler!!!
- Scotty McCreery - Young Blood
WTH was that?? He gave a serial killer stare in every turns. I'm scared!! His worst performance to date for me. What a joke!! And to see him nervous with Gaga's presence,him kissing his cross,and everything. I'm so over this shit!!
- Lauren Alaina - Trouble
She's uncomfortable singing the word "evil"?? Are you kidding me?? What is wrong with her and Scotty?? They're so stuck up and conservative!! I hate it!! Luckily,she's able to go into her persona and delivered a confident & sassy performance. Heck yeah!! She lost her breath a bit in the end,but I love confident Lauren. I'll take it every day of the week,rather than shy and nervous Lauren.
- James Durbin - Love Potion #9
Adam Lambert with no pyro always gave more rocking performance than lite-rock James!! I don't like this song. His vocal is good.
- Tonight was awful!! So much manipulation since Season 8 Top 4 Week,pandering to southern votes,In It To Win It mantra from fat ass douchebag Randy. Urgh!!
- Can they shove 3 performance and 1 video clip in tomorrow 1 hour telecast??

My Rank:
1. Haley Reinhart - I Who Have Nothing
2. Lauren Alaina - Trouble
3. Haley Reinhart - Earth Song
4. Lauren Alaina - Anyway
5. James Durbin - Don't Stop Believing
6. James Durbin - Love Potion #9
7. Scotty McCreery - Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning
8. Scotty McCreery - Young Blood

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, but Jordin's version is far superior to Haley Reinhart's rendition. Sparks' voice is richer, prettier, and more melodic than growly Reinhart. No comparison.

aquayers said...

that's what I said. I prefer Jordin's version. LOL