Music

Thursday, March 24, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 11 Performances (Motown Week)

- "Steven Tyler is my mom's hall pass." LOL best quote tonight.
- Ryan Seacrest wasted 10 minutes on rambling and talking.
- Casey Abrams - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Good!! He controlled his voice but I didn't think it's good enough for a caliber like him. Why this performance reminds me of Andrew Garcia?? Casey needs to bring it like in his Hollywood Week stat!! He's been losing my support drastically!!
- Thia Megia - Heatwave
Is she forgetting her lyrics? Why she's humming some parts in the song? It's so strange to me. I felt that she hasn't showed her all. The performance was very mediocre & karaoke-ish. Thia's just disappointing me week after week after week. Robotic,bland,like she doesn't have any soul.
- Are they intentionally putting awful performances in the beginning of each show each week???
- Jacob Lusk - You're All I Need To Get By
Very good!! He didn't overdo it with runs and screams. Plus he sassed it up big time!! LOL love to see this kind of performance. Very refreshing!!
- Lauren Alaina - You Keep Me Hangin On
What's the deal with them picking song for Lauren?? I don't like that. Btw very good performance also!! I love her swagger & attitude but I feel she could do it more. She has it in her. Dunno if I see stand out performance so far. The same old song choices are pretty much negative points for me.
- Stefano Langone - Hello
Good!! He didn't flounder but he's trying so hard to open his eyes. I agree with the judges,he's technically perfect tonight but I need to see his emotion like in his wild card performance. Stefano has major talent but he's pretty much do the same things stage wise every weeks for me personally.
- Woah at Gordon Ramsey's jab at Stefano's mom. Not nice!!
- Haley Reinhart - You Really Got A Hold On Me
She looked like a slutty office girl. LOL way to imitate Haley Scarnato's dress. Not that I complain. It might be her best performance. With soulful vocal,growl in the right place. Everything just seems perfect in this performance.
- Scotty McCreery - For Once In My Life
OMG at his mansion's pimping package. Oh woah,what an awful performance. With the forced singing,horrendous movement. Really made me cringe. So awful!! I really hate his head movement. Weird!! So far tonight was blah!!
- Jennifer Beals from L-Word is in the house. I love that show!!
- Pia Toscano - All Is Fair In Love
She just blew my mind everytime she sings on that stage. WOW!! What a perfect performance!! Without a flaw at all!! I agree with the judges,diversify it with uptempo performance so that the viewers won't get bored.
- Paul McDonald - Track of My Tears
NOOOO!! Don't sing Adam Lambert's showstopper rendition!! Paul did good but I played Adam's version in my mind. Not good!! Although I must say it's Paul best performance since Blackbird.
- Naima Adedapo - Dancing In The Streets
Woah,very unique!! I love this!! Not boring at all & she's not pitchy. One of the best performance of the night. African dance is amazing!!
- James Durbin - Living For The City
Very impressive!! He can do this song justice,Taylor Hicks killed it in Season 5,but James I must say did a great job. He's been doing so good these past few weeks compared to Casey.

Please no more Motown theme next season,I'm tired of the same old song choices year after year.

My rank:
1. Naima Adedapo
2. Pia Toscano
3. Haley Reinhart
4. Lauren Alaina
5. James Durbin
6. Jacob Lusk
7. Stefano Langone
8. Paul McDonald
9. Thia Megia
10. Casey Abrams
11. Scotty McCreery

No comments: