Music

Thursday, March 17, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 12 Performances

- Naima Adedapo - What's Love Got To Do With It
Was she singing?? Or she's just saying out the words without the melody?? It's just lazy. The arrangement wasn't there at all. I even prefer Lil Rounds version on Season 8. It was way better than this. I think Naima can't do better than her Umbrella last week. Kudos for J-Lo for critiquing her.
- Paul McDonald - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
Please Nigel,just give him guitar!! I just can't stand one more week of seeing him wandering around the stage. His vocal is okay. He's going down drastically in my rank. I even prefer Alex Wagner Trugman's awful version of that song in Season 8.
- Thia Megia - Colors Of The Wind
It was decent,bordering on boring. The arrangement just stayed there. They should fire all the producers who's working for these contestants!! So far,they have been awful. I can't stand the song choices. Please pick a song that hasn't been sung many times on Idol. LOL at Peggi Blue. Thia must've been scared to death on stage.
- James Durbin - I'll Be There For You
Now we're talking!! I like it!! James's getting more comfortable on that stage. He shows us that he's definitely bonafide rocker. By the end of his performance,I was nodding my head in approval. He didn't disappoint me with this performance.
- Haley Reinhart - I'm Your Baby Tonight
She's mumbling many parts of her performance. Her lipstick is very distracting. This doesn't bode well for her if she's unsure where's to go musically. The performance's just okay. I'm furious with the producers at this point. So many mediocre performances last week until now. Really disappoints me.
- Stefano Langone - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Wow,he sings from the heart. He put it all out. I felt it,Stefano!! No,J-Lo,don't be greedy!! Stefano should sing to us,not you!! Somehow the lyrics felt repetitive but overall,great performance.
- Pia Toscano - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
Awful song choice,me think,but Pia sang the heck out of that song. Impecabble vocal. I love her!! She can turn a bad song into an amazing performance. The dress however is a disaster. Looks like a jumpsuit.
- Scotty McCreery - Can I Trust You With My Heart
Amazing!! He personified a touring male country singer already. He pushed his vocal more and he picked the right song. I love it!! Amazing!! The country base will take him far.
- Karen Rodriguez - Love Will Lead You Back
Her notes were all over the place but overall still a solid performance. I know she could do more. I hope she find a perfect song for her. At least,I love this song. I really enjoyed this performance.
- Casey Abrams - Smells Like Teen Spirit
I don't know whether to love it or hate it. Some parts creeped me out. The end part he closed it really well though. I have a mixed opinion about this performance. Probably will be getting old after I watch it some more. Btw I love Casey's parents. Can they adopt me??
- Lauren Alaina - I'm The Only One
Her personality is just so annoying. I can't stand it,but I can't deny that she got an amazing vocal and great talent. She's just a pro on that stage. I love it!! I didn't see the cold hinder her except a lack of energy on some parts of her performance. But she came back after last week's disaster!!
- Jacob Lusk - Alone
Don't strangle the cat,Jacob!! Alone is the song that defined Carrie on her run on Idol Season 4. You just ruin it with too much high notes. When you sing in the lower register,that's when I enjoy it the most. Don't scream to me all the time!!

The beginning of the night was underwhelming but they picked up the performances until the end.

My Rank:
1. Pia Toscano
2. Stefano Langone
3. Lauren Alaina
4. Scotty McCreery
5. Karen Rodriguez
6. James Durbin
7. Jacob Lusk
8. Casey Abrams
9. Thia Megia
10. Haley Reinhart
11. Paul McDonald
12. Naima Adedapo

No comments: