Music

Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 13 Performances

- Less lipstick is better,J-Lo. That's too bright.
- Lauren Alaina - Any Man of Mine
The tempo is so slow and the performance has low energy. It's killing me!! She's just like winging it. I don't like it at all. OMG please stop with the pouting!! Simon Cowell isn't even there,why the heck she's crying?? I begin to hate her,she just turns me off every weeks with her annoying personality.
- Casey Abrams - With A Little Help From My Friends
Ouch,jab at Joe Cocker. Somehow I feel dirty watching him saying something. This is a horrible performance. The gimmick already wears off. It's just bland and very awkward in some places. I didn't feel the connection at all. I'm beginning to shudder the rest of the night.
- Ashthon Jones - When You Tell Me That You Love Me
Oh God,please kill me!! This is a nightmare!! It's a karaoke and a very cheap impersonation of Diana Ross,and she fell flat at it. The worst performance from her so far. Just pick a good song,don't blindly follow what the judges said. This will be an awful night if it keeps on like this.
- Paul McDonald - Come Pick Me Up
It's an okay performance. LOL at he's jumping around the stage like a drunken kangaroo. This kind of song isn't my cup of tea but I applaud him for giving it all everytime,I really can feel his connection to the song.
- Pia Toscano - All By Myself
Pia can sing but it fell below my expectation. Boring arrangement. Sorry,I prefer Gina Glocksen's version of this song. Too bad!! I had such a high hope for her. Technically,she's a perfect singer though.
- Tonight they managed to tone down the bandzilla so far,but I feel that the sound didn't mesh well. It's like a separate compartment between the sound from the band and the sound from the contestant's mics.
- James Durbin - Maybe I'm Amazed
Crystal Bowersox killed this song last season. James just didn't do it for me. It's just blah. No,he's not special. Where's Adam Lambert when you need him??
- Haley Reinhart - Blue
at least it's decent. I love the yodeling. The arrangement is bordering on sleepy though. Only a hardcore country base will love this stuff. This is too oldies for me.
- Jacob Lusk - I Believe I Can Fly
Thanks God he hit those high notes. It salvaged the entire performance for me. The beginning was very underwhelming. So cheesy!!
- Thia Megia - Smile
woah at the fact that she doesn't know who Charlie Chaplin is. God,where's the euthanasia center?? I need to kill myself. This is so goddamn awful. OMG I can't wait for tonight to end. The performances so far were all horrendous. Steven is so useless at the judging table. It saddened me!!
- Stefano Langone - Lately
Help us,Stefano!! NOT!! He murdered the song. It turned into a crappy dance mess. I.Hate.This.Episode
- Karen Rodriguez - I Could Fall In Love
This is good,probably one of the best performance tonight. Not that good,but not awful either. I love the way she sung at the end. I hope she sing different song next week. Can't stand the pandering to latino base another week.
- This is taped. Imagine if its live?? I want the theme nights to return right now.
- Scotty McCreery - The River
okay,he's pretty good at his lane. I don't know which one is better,this one or the previous week one. 1 more performance. Gahhhh!!!
- Naima Adedapo - Umbrella
Thank you Naima for entertaining me. It's all over the place with rapping,dancing,etc. But it's very entertaining in this boring snoozefest excruciating night.

I don't even know how to sum up tonight's episode. The worst night ever this season,almost equal with Los Angeles audition. Probably even worse than AI9 Top 24 Guys performances. I never recall an episode that I hate so much,I can't wait for it to end. Felt like being in a torture chamber. I don't have a clue how to rank tonight's awfulness.

My Rank:
1. Pia Toscano
2. Haley Reinhart
3. Naima Adedapo
4. Karen Rodriguez
5. Jacob Lusk
6. Paul McDonald
7. Stefano Langone
8. Scott McCreery
9. Lauren Alaina
10. Casey Abrams
11. James Durbin
12. Ashthon Jones
13. Thia Megia

No comments: