Music

Friday, April 03, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 9 iTunes Studio Recording Review

- Adam Lambert (now this is way much better than the live version,I love the instrument they play in this song,it's the same instrument as Kanye's Heartless (I forget the name of those instrument) and they mix Adam's voice,background vocal and the instrument in a fabulous way)
- Allison Iraheta (imagine the original version of Don't Speak by No Doubt and replace Gwen with Allison. It sounds like that for me. I don't have anything more to say)
- Anoop Desai (beautiful vocal,Anoop but it's just karaoke all over again for me. Sigh.)
- Danny Gokey (oh my....I'm gonna cry,not because the song is beautiful but because how bad the early notes are,it's too low and Danny's voice is like in the pit of the volcano and he suddenly screams the notes is a major NO NO!!! I'm not likin' his recording either)
- Kris Allen (oh Kris....your voice is always perfect and you have the capability to perform both live and in recording with the maximum power and not giving it less than that. You have the same trait like my fave singer,Celine Dion. I love it that when she's singing live,it has the same quality with the recording and vice versa. And I agree with everyone that Kris's recording is very short.)
- Lil Rounds (OMG!!!I love love Lil's recording. Great job,Lil!!! Although I noticed some cracks in her voice but this recording is one of the best this week for me. It's much more alive,flowing and major spicy LOL)
- Matt Giraud (oh wow!!!Matt's recording definitely priceless,it has the same strength like The Fray. And his vocal in this recording is million times better than in live. Matt's ready for recording career,he just needs guidance in his live performances. I think Matt's recording is the best this week.)
- Megan Joy (Megan always delivers unique recording every week and I love her for that. She definitely sounds like the female version of Bob Marley in this song. She's way better in recording than live because the studio can edit her phrasing,intonation,and vocal to make the perfect recording. Different with the live,sometimes excel,many times trainwrecks)
- Scott MacIntyre (something in the background bothers me,maybe it's the keyboard sound. It's like ringing and disturbing my ear,despite that Scott's vocal is pretty good)

The best is Matt after that Kris,Lil and Megan. Great recordings this week.

No comments: