Music

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 7 Performances (Movie Soundtrack Theme)

- Allison Iraheta (little bit out of tempo at the beginning or maybe too low of a key in the band but she compensated really well in the end. Overall,it's better than David Cook. I love the raspy voice of hers and somewhat different feeling of the song)
- Anoop Desai (OMG!!The best vocal I've heard this season. Tender,strong,heartfelt,full of conviction,none off notes,on pitch all the way to the end. Anoop's best performance to date by a million light years miles. He definitely doesn't deserved to go home yet)
- Adam Lambert (very good and entertaining to the max but little bit screechy for me. I doubt many people will like that. It will be one of those polarizing performance again from Adam. However,I love his style tonight,he looked so handsome and cool. I bet many girls are dying watching that and many boys too)
- Matt Giraud (I love the performance but he's really struggling singing this difficult song. He cracked at the bridges. I prefer Daughtry's version but Matt still did a solid job. Not a trainwreck at all for sure)
- Danny Gokey (100% agree with Paula. The beginning was excruciating but in the middle through the end he killed it. It's one of his best performance so far and I love his deliverence of the lyrics. Good job,Danny!!)
- Kris Allen (obscure song indeed but very good performance and amazing vocal although I thought the performance was way too short compared to the other contestants. And I was holding my breath throughout his performance,worrying if he hit the right notes or not and he did!! Yay!!)
- Lil Rounds (I'll never believe it but Lil sang beautifully. It's her best performance. I thought Simon didn't have to buldoze her like that,it's just making her gaining million sympathy votes. And she's really good at this performance,I have to admit)

Overall,tonight was perfect. It's the best night so far this season and arguably since 2006 (Big Band's Week). Btw WTH!!! with the 2 judges team format. Please I want all 4 judges's opinion and don't waste the time with Ryan chatting with the contestants and the judges playing with each other. Straight to performance,please!!

My ranking:
1. Anoop Desai
2. Kris Allen
3. Lil Rounds
4. Allison Iraheta
5. Danny Gokey
6. Adam Lambert
7. Matt Giraud

No comments: