Music

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Top 8 Performances (Songs From The Year They Were Born)

Who was that scary man in the beginning of the show?? Ohh okay,he's from Fringe. He scared me.
Now on to the review:

- Danny Gokey (I hated the arrangement. I wanted to like him but I can't. The beginning was good and he lost me for the rest of the song. David Archuleta's version literally annihilated this one)
- Kris Allen (oh woah,I didn't like it. It's karaoke and his worst performance to date. It didn't do anything for me. I had expected spectacular performance from Kris but oh well sometimes even a great contestant can stumble. Definitely wrong song choice but it's not trainwreck,it's still tolerable to my ear)
- Lil Rounds ( I liked it. The judges blasted her with all they've got though. It's expected. She hasn't done anything good to deserve on the show one more week. It's time to go home,Lil)
- Anoop Desai (Anoop rebounded again. I love that he always rebounds when in the previous week he was horrible. And I believe he still has more potential in his vocal area to do acrobatic vocal. He has the chops. Watch for the tempo and the melody though,it's always bordering on boring or sleepy. Plus,his fans should sue Randy. It's ridiculous that he said Anoop is better on soul songs while he's always insisting for Anoop to sing uptempo ones. I'm so upset with Randy. Btw fire the director too,the camera is getting worse)
- Scott MacIntyre (it's great that he can play electric guitar but his delivery was very awkward. It's like William Hung 2.0 and the high notes were too much to handle for me. It's so bad and BIG FAIL!!!! Please go home tomorrow,Scott!!)
- Allison Iraheta (OMG!!!I love this performance. The best performance of the night. I knew from the beginning that if she sang this song it'd be amazing. Tender,heartfelt,has rock-ish tone in her voice but not too much. Just the perfect combination. Great job!!)
- Matt Giraud (hmm good but the notes in the end were awful. It's beyond me that the judges didn't call him on that one but blasted him last week.)
- Adam Lambert (a hauntingly beautiful performance. It's like a game soundtrack too,melody wise. No one can reach Adam at this point. He's too far ahead in the competition. I hope it's between him,Allison and Kris in the finale 3)

My ranking:
1. Allison Iraheta
2. Adam Lambert
3. Anoop Desai
4. Kris Allen
5. Matt Giraud
6. Lil Rounds
7. Danny Gokey
8. Scott MacIntyre

No comments: