Music

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 10 Performances (R&B and Soul Theme)

Dear God,they spent so much time talking to Usher.
- Siobhan Magnus (oh God,why they did a damage control for her performance?? By giving her sympathy,reminding the people at home that she delivers every weeks. I was surprised that she stank tonight. I cringed when I heard her really pitchy notes. I think she's already lost her steam. I don't think she's lock for Top 2 anymore because of tonight and last week. Siobhan is unique alright but if she don't use her banshee scream,she's just okay. I hated it that the judges and Ryan trying so hard to pimp her. Geez)
- Casey James (the song is meh,but he gave everything that he got. I agree with Ellen that it's a safe song for him to sing. It's just hovering on the same parts & didn't offer much else)
I saw Jermaine Purifoy in the Casey's family seats area.
- Michael Lynche (once again,an outstanding performance from Michael. I don't like the song though,it's boring but objectivelly Michael is the strongest male contestant from that pack)
- Didi Benami (bland and I didn't feel her emotion at all,the end note was good though. I agree with the judges,she lost her way. Terrified,What I Am and Rhiannon is what she is,and not this all over the place character. And WTH Ryan pimped her backstory for?? He's so loopy tonight)
- Tim Urban (he'd be great if he hadn't had a deer in the headlight stare at the camera. The vocal is fine. Might be the best that I've ever heard from him but I couldn't stand his awkward stage presence)
- Andrew Garcia (he's back!!!Thanks to Usher,Andrew is free from his worry & paranoid thinking & performed the hell out of that song. Amazing performance)
- Katie Stevens (Simon's seriously sabotaging the show!! Katie's vocal was fantastic tonight. Completely improved. She brought the swagger to the song although I agreed that sometimes I got cold persona from her. Another one of her strong performance,me think)
- Lee Dwyze (woah,he improved so much. It's a spectacular performance. He picked the ring song,his voice was spot on,he bared it all on the stage & hold no bar. The only negative thing that I still could see was the nervousness in his eyes. It's like he scared of something. Dunno what it is)
- Crystal Bowersox (she knocked this song out of the park despite the song's been overdone to death on Idol. When I thought she focus too much on her piano playing,she stood up and gave a masterclass vocal. I didn't know that she has that range. Superb!!)
- Aaron Kelly (he did alright. This song shouldn't be done anymore though. Because it's Kris's stapple & no one should touch it. Thanks God,Aaron didn't murder that song,I still don't like his lower register though,sometimes it sounds a bit weird or off pitch.)

My rank:
1. Andrew Garcia
2. Lee Dwyze
3. Crystal Bowersox
4. Katie Stevens
5. Tim Urban
6. Michael Lynche
7. Casey James
8. Aaron Kelly
9. Didi Benami
10. Siobhan Magnus

No comments: