Music

Saturday, April 02, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 11 Redux iTunes Recording Review

- Scotty McCreery (suprisingly,this is better than his live performance. Might be one of his best recording so far. I love the arrangement,feel really country and really hit home for me. I hope he'll improve every weeks and doesn't stay the same.)
- Naima Adedapo (Naima with fake Jamaican accent is just too weird for me. Maybe this is the song for you if you wanna hang out at the beach. It's not that bad but okay for me. Naima should work on her voice. Sometimes it's grating in my ears.)
- Paul McDonald (woah,I love the beat in this recording. But everything else just seems to overwhelm his raspy voice. The bandzilla is ruining this recording,less is more guys!!)
- Pia Toscano (very subdue recording,the tempo is slower than her live performance. Nice works,Pia!! I don't know if many people will like it since this song been sung to death,but you did a nice job at the booth.)
- Stefano Langone (OMG this is so boring. It's on and on and Stefano seems like didn't put any emotion in it. This song just put me to sleep although the arrangement isn't bad.)
- Lauren Alaina (Lauren's just killing it in the studio. One after another amazing recording. She and Scotty seriously will do well on the country chart after the show. Lauren's voice is to die for. I really love her voice!!)
- James Durbin (I don't like this one,James's voice sound weird in this recording and it's pretty all over the place for me. Or maybe that rock isn't my liking. Ouch,I hate the end of the song where he screams at me. I feel like in Ozzfest. With James,the visual on stage helps him big times!!)
- Thia Megia (woah very nice!! I really like this recording. Thia's amazing tone,great arrangement plus a rocking bass)
- Casey Abrams (really lovely,Casey!! I'm sure you will make a lot of people swooned over this recording. Casey is great without excessive growling.)
- Jacob Lusk (easily Jacob's best recording,he's scaling back his vocal,he sings with so much emotion and I love the sultry and subdue Jacob.)
- Haley Reinhart (solid recording but I prefer the rawness of her live performance. With so much rawness and sassiness,it made the recording fall short of her stunning live performance.)

My rank:
1. Lauren Alaina
2. Thia Megia
3. Scotty McCreery
4. Jacob Lusk
5. Casey Abrams
6. Haley Reinhart
7. Pia Toscano
8. Naima Adedapo
9. Paul McDonald
10. Stefano Langone
11. James Durbin

No comments: