Music

Friday, April 29, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 6 iTunes Recording Review

- Jacob Lusk (the vocal is more polished and clean in this recording but I felt the church vibe more in his live performance. I think it's pretty good recording from Jacob.)
- Lauren Alaina (everytime I hear Lauren's recording,it always way better than her live performance. It's like in different realm. Another great recording from Lauren.)
- Casey & Haley duet (again,way cleaner version in the recording. Hmm I like the way they play the piano and after that the bass without vocal in the middle. Feel like a background music in the racing game. LOL)
- Scotty McCreery (after his accoustic at the beginning,there is a country honky tonk uptempo arrangement. LMAO so many people hate this,but I like it. It's fun and make me dancing in my chair.)
- James Durbin (I still like the acapella at the beginning,but I give up for the rest of that song. Hate the arrangement,too much noise. That's why I didn't like James in the beginning,not a fan of his higher register,it sounds like banshee to me. Yikes!!)
- Lauren & Scotty duet (Scotty's deep voice+very old country arrangement+Lauren's amazing vocal+occasional background singer singing the chorus=somehow I like this. It's another fun song this week. LOL maybe I'm so bias when it comes to fiddle or banjo. Hahaha.)
- Casey Abrams (urgh the arrangement is very slow,very old times. Dunno what to make of this. It's not that bad,but it's not good either for me personally. Maybe for the jazz fans or New Orleans music scene fans,it will be for you. But it's not for me.)
- Haley Reinhart (another solid vocal from Haley,I like this one. This song's definitely growing on me. But it's not that much different with her live performance.)
- James & Jacob duet (why the arrangement sounds like a circus song?? I prefer faster tempo than this slow tempo. Jacob's vocal is unusually very clear on this one. Overall,blah.)

My Rank:
1. Scotty McCreery
2. Lauren & Scotty duet
3. Haley Reinhart
4. Lauren Alaina
5. Casey & Haley duet
6. Jacob Lusk
7. James & Jacob
8. James Durbin
9. Casey Abrams

No comments: