Music

Thursday, April 07, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 9 Performances (Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Theme)

- Jacob Lusk - Man In The Mirror
I think he could kill Let's Get It On better than this song. Ouch,jab at America!! The people who has been voting for him!! He's good although this performance didn't excite me at all. I just didn't feel anything. Although,two thumbs up for not oversinging the song.
- Haley Reinhart - Piece Of My Heart
This song has been sung to death on everywhere,but Haley tore a new one on it. I love her raw vocal,the growl,the fierceness. Keep on your momentum,Haley!! I know you could do even better next week.
- Casey Abrams - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Thx God he didn't sing Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic. Are you kidding me?? There's no way someone can sing that song good!! Casey did decent job on that Credence's song. I love it that he came out with his bass. Although in the middle,I got bored.
- Lauren Alaina - Natural Woman
Oh gosh,this song!! She captivated me at the beginning but she lost me after that. I was totally bored. Why the heck the first half of the show always been mediocre or boring since the Top 13???
- James Durbin - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
This is mind boggling!! James currently is the strongest male contestant left in the competition,in my opinion. While everyone else is stumbling,or stay flat,stay safe,or putting out boring performances every week,James is soaring. To think that when he entered the Top 13,I didn't like him. Now I'm very impressed. For the performance,I still could see a little bit Adam in there. He needs to push more to stay away from Adam Lambert's comparison.
- Scotty McCreery - That's All Right Mama
LOL this is the most entertaining performance ever from Scotty. I love everything about it. Elvis theme is one of the best theme last year. I love the way Scotty moved around the stage and his swagger. LOL I didn't get bored at all this time.
- Pia Toscano - River Deep,Mountain High
Her vocal is so flawless and perfect like Goddess. The only thing that she can improve on is her stage movement. If she could perfect that,she would be a very strong contender for the title. Meanwhile,Pia haters can STFU!!
- Stefano Langone - When A Man Loves A Woman
The beginning was awful with the weird falsetto & everything but he blew me away from the middle until the end. He showed his emotion like what he did on his wildcard performance. Great job,Stefano!! I hope it's not too little too late for you. You almost lost me because of that beginning part. Please no more falsetto!! It's your weakness,Stefano!!
- Paul McDonald - Folsom Prison Blues
Does Nigel want 4th WGWG in a row?? Why Paul in the pimp spot?? That's what I thought before his performance,but after watching it. WOW WOW WOW Paul!!! The best performance of tonight and his best since Blackbird. I LOVE it!!

ps: Steven Tyler is not gonna critique anyone soon. Even Ellen offered way more critique at this stage than him. I'm surprised that Will.I.Am is a pretty good mentor for the kids. Very funny and woah,he got so much knowledge. Pretty shocking considering his group is releasing nonstop auto-tune crap songs.

My Rank:
1. Paul McDonald
2. Scotty McCreery
3. James Durbin
4. Stefano Langone
5. Haley Reinhart
6. Pia Toscano
7. Casey Abrams
8. Lauren Alaina
9. Jacob Lusk

No comments: