Music

Saturday, April 16, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 8 iTunes Recording Review

- Paul McDonald (his voice just shot and hoarse,I still love the arrangement and everything but his voice just ruined the song for me. Get a good rest,Paul!! Since you're already eliminated from the show.)
- Lauren Alaina (from the first notes,her voice just stunning!! Really love the way she's navigating through the song. One of her best recording!! She needs to have her confidence back on the stage,if she wants to win this!!)
- Stefano Langone (dunno how I feel about this,really cheesy and outdated arrangement,Stefano's voice is weird,very very nasally in this one. Sigh. I don't know why the producers didn't instruct him how to sing in a better technique.)
- Scotty McCreery (the arrangement is very old country,his voice sounded strained in some parts. His live performance was million times better. It's very dragging on until the end.)
- Casey Abrams (superb recording from Casey!! Too bad the song is too short but I really love his phrasing,his musical ability. For people who don't like jazz,it might be boring or sleepy for you. LOL)
- Haley Reinhart (woah!! Haley just killed it in this recording. Really love his voice,the arrangement is very current. Why didn't she do it like this on that stage?)
- Jacob Lusk (hmm I really like this one. Surprise surprise!! He really controlled his voice,his lower register is lovely. His best yet!!)
- James Durbin (you rock,James!! I really like this one!! Hahaha. Although I abhor metal music,but dunno,this song sounds catchy to me,and I really like James's voice in this recording.)

My Rank:
1. Lauren Alaina
2. James Durbin
3. Haley Reinhart
4. Casey Abrams
5. Jacob Lusk
6. Scotty McCreery
7. Stefano Langone
8. Paul McDonald

No comments: