Music

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Don't Stop Believing (UK Talent Show) Episode 1

Star World is airing Don't Stop Believing,UK Talent Show about group singing. Inspired from Glee. This is my recap about this show:

Immediately they make all the 6 groups that will be performing in this episode to sing together. What an awful harmony!! With all of them singing together like that!! Please no more!!


Dice sang Do Your Thing/Voulez-Vous,great choreography,their voice is a little bit all over the place in the beginning,it picked up in the end. One of the guy is cute. Btw Charles Klapow is totally likable and I love his smile.


Next,The ClasSix is singing Video Killed The Radio Star,I love the fat guy,he's funny. The harmony of this group are beyond awful!! Please spare my ears!! I don't know why they sounds like that. I love Anastacia's judging style although she must be listening to different show than me.


Step Up combined Signed Sealed Delivered and Think into their performance. I love their arrangement although once again,the vocal is urghhh. A lot of flat notes!!


Manchester Show Choir trying to be current,singing Bad Romance. A total trainwreck. Cringe inducing performance. I really wanted for that performance to end. I felt my ear bleeding. I really love the presentation though.


Singer Station is a bunch of kids who have a hard time. I feel so bad for them. They're singing True Colors. It's very colorful and rainbow-ish. Their vocal is the worst of the night,by a mile. Really can't stand their harmony. Urgh. Maybe because they're still young teens.


Eschoir is the last group who performed,they sang Sex On Fire by Kings of Leon. Despite the group consist of mainly attractive man but their harmony are the best of the night. Their choreography is very smooth,although I beg to differ with the camera guy and the director of this show who slightly missed the sexy model's movement into the middle.

After that,there was a supergroup consist of shirtless male model,female actress,etc. I was really surprised by them,really good performance,they have the "it" factor!! Too bad they're not competiting for this show.

The votes suddenly already counted (really??),did someone edit this show or I felt there was a lot of jarring moments in this show. Singer Station went to the Final (WTH!!),Dice won the wildcard from the Manchester Show Choir (I agree with that decision). Eschoir is robbed!!

Overall,the things that made me like this episode is Emma Bunton (since I was a big fan of Spice Girls in my younger years),and Charles "Chucky" Klapow (hats off to him,he's an interesting judge,I was surprised by how great he is). Checking his wiki,OMG he choreographed A*Teens (Swedish teen pop group) back in the day. I effin loved that group. Too bad they're disbanded.

No comments: