Music

Saturday, April 09, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 9 iTunes Recording Review

- Jacob Lusk (pretty good recording from Jacob considering most of his recording either lacking in energy or overshout. I like the restraint Jacob. Although I don't know who will buy Jacob's album after the show.)
- Haley Reinhart (woah Haley really at home when she's singing rock/bluesy/soul songs. You can hear every flavour of her voice in the recording. Great!! I love the arrangement also.)
- Casey Abrams (I don't think I've ever heard Casey's voice really upfront on the recording. Really nice!! Slightly different arrangement from his live performance. Feel like a folk song to me.)
- Lauren Alaina (still great vocal from Lauren but what a boring arrangement. Make me feel sleeply!!)
- James Durbin (James voice sometimes sound like Bon Jovi. I don't know what to say about this recording. It's just blah. Bordering on sleepy. Maybe people who like rock,will like this one.)
- Scotty McCreery (I really like this one,he picked the right song. This song made me dancing in my chair. Scotty's voice still solid.)
- Pia Toscano (bad song choice for Pia. Really didn't do anything for her,and what's with the sound in this song? Why it sounds like Pia sang from across the room. Really weird echo for me.)
- Stefano Langone (I'm beginning to hate Stefano's affected voice or his nasally sounds or whatever you wanna called it. It's really weird. Sounded weird from the beginning until the end. Not a good recording.)
- Paul McDonald (urgh his vocal sounded very hoarse. I don't like this recording. Awful vocal in this.)

My rank:
1. Haley Reinhart
2. Scotty McCreery
3. Casey Abrams
4. Jacob Lusk
5. James Durbin
6. Stefano Langone
7. Pia Toscano
8. Lauren Alaina
9. Paul McDonald

ps: so far I'm very disappointed with the Season 10's recording. It didn't live up to their talent. Sigh.

No comments: