Music

Thursday, April 14, 2011

American Idol Season 10: Top 8 Performances (Movie Week)

-Is Will.I.Am a permanent mentor now??
- Paul McDonald - Old Time Rock n Roll
Has Paul already lost his voice?? I wish the vocal were a little bit better. It's fun,he has stage presence,he got the crowd going but his voice is so hoarse,my ears are bleeding.
- Lauren Alaina - The Climb
Oh God!! Miley,someone predicted that in mjsbigblog comment section. They're talking about stealing Pia's votes! Hell naw!! It's not that easy!! Anyway,she could push her vocal more,she really got a big voice. I saw some moments in there. I don't know why she's so nervous,she has been like this since the Top 13 night. Something's not right with her. I hope she will regain her confidence. She could create a moment easily with great vocal,confidence & connection with the song.
- Stefano Langone - End Of The Road
WOW!! Easily his best since Need You Now. That's what I'm talking about!! He let it all out!! So full of emotional connection,he felt every lyrics,everything is just perfect. I was mesmerized. You might save yourself with this performance,Stefano!! Good job,Jimmy & Will.I.Am!!
- So far so good. I like tonight's performances.
- Scotty McCreery - Cross My Heart
OMG Scotty,you made me cry. Beautiful rendition!! He grabbed me from the first verse. He know how to captivate the audience. He really pushes himself more each weeks. I love it that these kids became comfortable with Jimmy. Anyway,these past 2 weeks,Scotty has impressed me so much. And with adoration from the judges,he lock a place for himself in the Finale. The keyword is he's growing. TPTB and the judges might want him for S10 winner.
- Casey Abrams - Nature Boy
Scary face is back again!! Uh oh!! But holy shit,what an amazing phrasing!! Really stunning rendition. The end notes is just gorgeous!! His best performance arguably since Top 24 or Hollywood Week. The judges stepped up their comment for this one. Kudos for Randy saying that the world can't live from popstars alone. Wow!! So true!! I love Casey for standing up for himself in front of Jimmy. Two kids rebelled against the producers so far and resulting in 2 great performances. More rebellion ahead??
- Haley Reinhart - Call Me
Very all over the place,she counts too much on her skimpy outfit. This song didn't fit her. One of her worst performances. I didn't like it. I hope she's not doomed though. I don't want another girl be eliminated from this show.
- I'm very impressed so far that they didn't pick overdone songs. Yay!!
- Jacob Lusk - Bridge Over Troubled Water
LOL at Jimmy criticized Jacob's pompous statement last week. Btw for the performance,I feel like in a church. He killed it. Although the last parts are the one who sealed the deal for me. I still need Jacob to impress me like in his Hollywood week. Something's lacking in his performance,dunno what it is.
- James Durbin - Heavy Metal
WOW!! I really love it!! Thanks God he rebelled against Jimmy. I'm shocked that I love a hard metal performance!!
- Really spectacular night. AMAZING!! One of the best this season. I wish Pia would still be there and sang Somewhere. That would've been a marvelous night for me!!
- I don't know who will be going home tomorrow.. maybe Paul or Haley.

My Rank:
1. Scotty McCreery
2. Stefano Langone
3. James Durbin
4. Casey Abrams
5. Lauren Alaina
6. Jacob Lusk
7. Paul McDonald
8. Haley Reinhart

No comments: