Music

Thursday, May 10, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 4 Performances (California Dreamin' & Songs I Wish I Wrote Theme)

- The swaying bots are extra loud tonight. Like a banshee.
California Dreamin
- Phillip Phillips - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Less awkward than his previous performances. I still prefer Casey Abrams version last year. I don't know how P2 got this far with minimal talent. I rest my case.
- Hollie Cavanagh - Faithfully
I didn't feel a thing. I even prefer Kristy Lee Cook's version. Strange!!! Hollie hit all the notes perfectly but I was numb watching her.
- Joshua Ledet - You Raise Me Up
Chris Mann did this song way better 2 nights ago on The Voice. Next!!! I almost slept. So bored!!! I don't understand why they picked such cliche songs.
- Jessica Sanchez - Steal Away
Easily the best of round 1. Lauren Turner sang this song on Sing For Your Life stage last year. I still prefer Lauren Turner's version. Watching Jessica sing this song,I wish there was jazz week this season.
- Phillip Phillips & Joshua Ledet - This Love
Boring!!! Joshua did a nice job though on this Maroon 5 song. He can sing contemporary song. Why is it,that this season where I don't care about this Top 4,Nigel gives me 2 hours performances night every weeks. Help me god!!! Why couldn't they do it in past seasons where I still have so many faves at this later stage of competition
- Hollie Cavanagh & Jessica Sanchez - Eternal Flame
This is even boring than P2 Joshua duet. Screechy at the end. Can we get rid of both of these girls and put Katrina Parker and Ashley De La Rosa on this Top 4??
- Waste of time Rock of Ages shameless promotion. Adam Shankman is so flaming. Ryan fooled us by trying to propose to Julianne Hough.
- P2,Joshua,Hollie,Jessica - I've Been Waiting For A Girl Like You
Major snoozefest!!!
Songs I Wish I Wrote
- Phillip Phillips - Volcano
Decent!! I'm just over this guy!!! I can't think of any words to say to his performance.
- Hollie Cavanagh - I Can't Make You Love Me
Good but I'm bored. I thought I'm gonna love this but I don't. I agree with the judges. Hollie hasn't been through much life problems.
- Joshua Ledet - It's A Man's Man's World
OMG the hyperbole!!! It's a strong performance but Juliet Simms did better on The Voice. Are you kidding me Randy??? One of the best performance in any singing show in history??? I just can't with these judges.
- Jessica Sanchez - And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going
Probably her best performance,even better than IWALY. Too bad I hate this song so much. Such an overdone songs!!! Sick of hearing this song.

The most boring episode I've ever seen on Idol. I almost switched to CNN because how boring tonight was. Torture!!!

My Rank:
1. Jessica 2nd
2. Joshua 2nd
3. Jessica 1st
4. Hollie 1st
5. Phillip 2nd
6. Hollie 2nd
7. Phillip 1st
8. Phillip & Joshua Duet
9. Hollie & Jessica Duet
10. Joshua 1st

No comments: