Music

Friday, May 04, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 5 iTunes Studio Recording Review

60's Theme
- Hollie Cavanagh (Hollie did a nice vocal in this song but I don't think anybody outside her fanbase would love this recording. I think most people already pretty tired hearing another River Deep Mountain High)
- Phillip Phillips (I still can't get over why they slammed Colton for September's rearrangement but love this atrocious Phillip's butchering of this classic song. At least September still has its original melody,albeit turned into emo sound. I don't know with this Phillip's arrangement,the song is unrecognizable. He totally got rid of all the melody in this song. The guitar in the end of the song is pretty nice however)
- Skylar Laine (I really enjoyed this recording,maybe because Skylar picked a song that I've never heard before. Although I don't know if the original song sound country like this. Skylar countrified this song to the max,but I like it)
- Jessica Sanchez (I can't with this song. The background vocal in the beginning is too weird for me to listen to. For me,this is one of the worst song choice of this season. Even my younger brother said: "Why don't this show die already!!" when yesterday he heard this song from my room. Easily the worst recording from Jessica,because of the song)
- Joshua Ledet (the vocal is good as always from Joshua. But this recording is perfect only for soul or throwback era lover. Not for me)

The best recording of this theme: Skylar Laine

BritPop Theme
- Hollie Cavanagh (the guitar is very nice in this recording,Hollie vocal is better than her 1st recording this week. Too bad I'm not a fan of Bleeding Love. But overall,a very good job from Hollie)
- Phillip Phillips (once again the ahh whisper in this song probably triggered those power votes for Phillip. Everybody mentioned Phillip can't hit his falsetto,etc. But his voice didn't annoy me in this recording. Overall,it's good recording)
- Skylar Laine (oh gawd,this song is so cheesy,and the arrangement made it even worse. It's almost unlistenable for me. Skylar's worst recording)
- Jessica Sanchez (flailing!!! Stunning vocal from Jessica. Probably her best recording)
- Joshua Ledet (I love the harp on this recording. I always love the sound of that instrument. Very heavenly. Still not loving Joshua's tone but he did a great job in the end. Same with his live performance)

The best recording for this theme: Jessica Sanchez

No comments: