Music

Friday, March 23, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 10 iTunes Studio Recording Review

- Deandre Brackensick (pretty good recording for Deandre,it used all of his vocal capability. But Deandre's been winging it so far for me. Never seen great performance from him since Las Vegas Week)
- Erika Van Pelt (amazing vocal from Erika as always,the arrangement is pretty loungey for me. Her live performance had more oomph factor than this,but still it's pretty good. The second half brought the house down for sure)
- Joshua Ledet (wow his voice is so clear this week in this recording. I think this is Joshua's best recording,I could be wrong though. But with clear voice,not boring arrangement,it works for me)
- Skylar Laine (I just can't at the arrangement. Feels like I'm back at 50-60's era. Too old country arrangement for me. Urgh)
- Elise Testone (Elise has amazing voice,I don't know if the original song is like this or not. The arrangement is pretty weird at some parts. But her voice killed it!! The end of the song was AMAZING!!! Different than her live performance,oh god I love it)
- Phillip Phillips (oh wow I love this recording. Phillip's voice sometimes annoys me but I love this recording. The arrangement is pretty catchy and unique,his vocal is solid. One of the best this week)
- Hollie Cavanagh (what a boring recording. Pure drowsy zzzzzzzzzzzzz)
- Heejun Han (his diction and accent bothers me so much. Urgh. But it's pretty entertaining song anyway,Heejun's vocal though is the worst yet. Really godawful!!!!)
- Jessica Sanchez (stellar vocal from Jessica,but the song is a dirge. I don't know why I can't get into this song,although usually I tend to love song about dream)
- Colton Dixon (just perfect!!! The best from Colton. Yay!!!)

The best recording this week: Elise Testone,Colton Dixon,Phillip Phillips,Erika Van Pelt. Jessica Sanchez too for the vocal.

No comments: