Music

Thursday, March 08, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 13 Performances (Stevie Wonder & Whitney Houston Theme)

- The judges gonna save the bottom 3 girls or bottom 3 guys?? If this is what it takes to save the girls,I approve that.
- Joshua Ledet - I Wish
Just okay for me. I still don't enjoy Joshua's voice. It's too raw for me,too raspy,like hearing a rock or something in his voice. Why J Lo mic had echo???
- Elise Testone - I'm Your Baby Tonight
Jimmy changed her song choice. I still remember Haley Reinhart's version of this song last year. Elise tried so hard with her performance. It just didn't work for me. Her weakest performance by far. I can feel that she's frustrated. Wow at her stank face,she needs to be likable to garner votes from casual voters. I'm really worried for her. I don't want her to be an early casualty.
- Jermaine Jones - Knocks Me Off My Feet
Really Jimmy??? He needs to stay in this competition??? I don't get this guy at all. Just meh for me. The performance felt too short & karaoke. He didn't take advice from the judges very well. Looking at his face,it almost like he's hearing criticique from Simon.
- Erika Van Pelt - I Believe In You and Me
Yes!! Finally!! The best performance so far tonight!! I agree with J Lo,she's really only showing us the tip of her talents. I was captivated by her tone the entire performance. Her best performance since Las Vegas week. I'm loving the judges advice tonight.
- Colton Dixon - Lately
OMG!! I love his original song!!!! He needs to sing that song sometimes in the future. This is pretty good. When he goes soft & really feels the song,that's his strongest point. As long as he sings on key on the high notes,it's fine with me. This performance definitely stands out from the rest so far. Colton definitely will make all the girls screaming at home.
- Shannon Magrane - I Have Nothing
Why oh why she picked this monster ballad?? She can't hit the high notes,the tempo is off at the beginning,I think this is her worst performance to date. This song's been done to death and beyond. No one needs to sing this song ever again. Shannon doesn't have the capability to sing this song,also she's too young and still pageanty. Awful night so far except for Erika and Colton.
- Deandre Brackensick - Master Blaster
The performance was too short!!! I love the jamaican feel in it. Breath of fresh air in a night full of boring rendition like this.
- Skylar Laine - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
Pia owned this song last year,her performance of this song still one of the highest rotation S10 Idol performances on my music player. Why tonight many of them picked songs that have been done last year??? Anyway,Skylar added her country tone for this performance. She did a great job. I love it!!! One of the best of the night. Skylar is rapidly climbing up my list.
- Heejun Han - All Is Fair In Love
LOL at that pictures he loves Mary J Blige more than Jimmy. His diction is weird in this song. He needs to fix that ASAP. I still prefer Pia Toscano or Katharine McPhee's version of this performance.
- Hollie Cavanagh - All The Man That I Need
She killed it in the beginning. I got goosebumps watching her when the candles surrounded her. But in the middle,I couldn't feel her emotion. She slayed the notes at the end though.
- Jeremy Rosado - Ribbon In The Sky
Solid but forgettable.
- Jessica Sanchez - I Will Always Love You
Oh no at this song!!!! Holy shit,she killed it!!!! Dragon slayer!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! I'm sick and tired of this song but she really slayed that monster. Final 2 for sure!!! I hope she will sail to the final without shocking elimination.
- Phillips Phillips - Superstition
Easily his best performance in the competition. The arrangement and the band made this song fresh for me. His face scared me when he tried to sing the high notes. Looks like a serial killer face. Yikes!!!

I love Mary J Blige as a mentor. She gave so many great advices to the Top 13 contestants. She needs to be a judge on Idol next year,replace Randy with her please.

My Rank:
1. Jessica Sanchez
2. Erika Van Pelt
3. Skylar Laine
4. Hollie Cavanagh
5. Colton Dixon
6. Deandre Brackensick
7. Phillips Phillips
8. Elise Testone
9. Heejun Han
10. Jeremy Rosado
11. Joshua Ledet
12. Shannon Magrane
13. Jermaine Jones

No comments: