Music

Thursday, March 15, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 12 Performances (Songs From The Year They Were Born)

- I'm surprised that they will wait until later to discuss Jermaine's scandal.
- Phillip Phillips - Hard To Handle
Wow,I really enjoyed it. I think this is his best performance yet. Despite the surgery and all,he really let loose tonight. His voice didn't sound annoying like usual. Great job!!!
- Jessica Sanchez - Turn The Beat Around
Solid!! There's not a lot you can do with this song. As long as it's not a trainwreck,I'm happy. Steven wanted her not to stray away from ballad. Remember Pia,Steven???
- Heejun Han - Right Here Waiting
I love this song. I love the crispiness and depth of his voice. I disagree with the judges,I think this is one of his best rendition. I really felt it. Everybody said that Heejun is so breathy tonight. I saw that,but I wasn't that disturbed by it. Although Heejun should avoid singing ballad every weeks.
- Elise Testone - Let's Stay Together
She's back!!! Tonight she smiled too. I love her sweet raspy vocal on this song. What's up with the band trying to overpower her??? Overall,it's a very good performance.
- Deandre Brackensick - Endless Love
Urgh,it's so boring and awkward. Deandre looked very nervous and didn't feel the song at all. Danny Gokey sang the heck out of this song back on Season 8 for me. I'll give him a pass since he said he's been dreading this theme since weeks ago.
- Shannon Magrane - One Sweet Day
Why oh why she undertook a massive song again?? This was slightly better than last week but I felt she's trying so hard to hit all the high notes. Maybe she should pick a better song choice that suits her,not massive monster ballad week after weeks.
- Colton Dixon - Broken Heart
The beginning was stunning!! When he rocked it out,it became a bit all over the place,but it's still good enough for me. This is his element,rocking out the performance. Definitely refreshing take in a night full of cliche ballad and overdone songs. Wow at Steven being very critical with his song choice.
- Erika Van Pelt - Heaven
Hmm good,but bordering on karaoke for me. It's like she's just winging it. I don't like Jimmy Iovine and Will.I.Am tonight. They didn't give useful advice to the contestants.
- Wow they're very classy with the whole Jermaine's scandal. They didn't milk it as worse as I expected. That rehearsal was great,I thought. Oh well!!! Bye bye,Jermaine!! I won't miss you a bit. You're a ploy for rating anyway!!
- Skylar Laine - Love Sneakin' Up On You
Very underwhelming!!! The song didn't go anywhere,suddenly it ended. I don't remember a single thing about this performance except when she hit the last notes. Awful song choice. Not good!!
- Joshua Ledet - When A Man Loves A Woman
Hands down the best performance of the night,by a huge margin. I got chills,I still hate his voice but this is clearly above and beyond everybody else tonight!!
- Hollie Cavanagh - The Power of Love
Meh!!! She just hit the high notes here and there without any feeling whatsoever. She ruined the song for me,I hate the arrangement of the song,it's like they cut down some part of the song and overall it became a weird performance for me. Atrocity!!! I've had enough of Hollie singing ballad after ballad. At least,Pia delivered a knocked out performance.

My Rank:
1. Joshua Ledet
2. Colton Dixon
3. Phillip Phillips
4. Elise Testone
5. Heejun Han
6. Jessica Sanchez
7. Erika Van Pelt
8. Shannon Magrane
9. Skylar Laine
10. Hollie Cavanagh
11. Deandre Brackensick

Maybe Deandre will go home tomorrow. I don't have a freakin clue.

No comments: