Music

Saturday, March 17, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 12 iTunes Studio Recordings Review

- Phillip Phillips (similar with his live performance,Phillip's voice isn't annoying at all in this recording. I like it!!)
- Jessica Sanchez (solid recording,the song itself is a trainwreck to begin with,it doesn't do anything to highlight Jessica's vocal. I prefer her live performance than this,but it's still pretty solid overall)
- Heejun Han (why his voice became a bit raspy in this recording?? Almost sounded like a hoarse voice. LOL at the arrangement and the keyboard sound. So cheesy)
- Elise Testone (holy shit!!! Elise's voice!!!! Sounds so sweet and very smooth as silk. Immediate goosebumps on the first second. I really love it. Definitely one of the best this week)
- Deandre Brackensick (oh god!! This is way boring!! The only good thing that I noticed is Deandre's lower register is very nice. He should use it more)
- Shannon Magrane (I'm very surprised by Shannon's voice in this song. Pretty nice!!! I don't know why I didn't hear this sound of her voice before. But she's really weak at the upper register. Second half of the song took a sudden turn and became almost unbearable for me. Please Shannon,don't sing any song that has high notes in it. Stay away from it!!! Don't try to slay the dragon!!)
- Colton Dixon (this song really suits Colton,I really love his voice in this. This is the type of song he should make after Idol. Although the arrangement didn't go anywhere for him. I wish it could be a better and more rocking arrangement)
- Erika Van Pelt (I still love Erika's husky alto voice but the arrangement in this song is dull. I just don't think I can listen to this song again and again after this first listen)
- Jermaine Jones (wow,I must give it to Jermaine. This is a great recording. This could've been his best performance if he sang this on the show. Gives me chills. This is a perfect song choice for him)
- Skylar Laine (I still love Skylar's voice but I don't like this song choice for her,as in her live performance. It just sounded dated to me,and the recording still doesn't go anywhere)
- Joshua Ledet (maybe everyone who loves throwback R&B will love this recording. Not me though)
- Hollie Cavanagh (I think this is her best recording so far,too bad I'm already way too bored with this cliche ballad song. Even when Celine Dion performs this song)

The best recording this week: Elise Testone,Jermaine Jones,Colton Dixon,Hollie Cavanagh

No comments: