Music

Thursday, March 01, 2012

American Idol Season 11 Top 24: Girls Performances

The girls are killing it tonight!!! I saw some nervousness but overall way ahead of the boys if we compared their overall talents.
- Chelsea Sorrell - Cowboy Casanova
Pretty solid,she's so nervous that I could feel that by watching her. She needs to learn how to highlight her performance in some parts. Wow!!! Criticism from the judges!!! Shocking!!!
- Erika Van Pelt - What About Love
The song didn't go anywhere for me. It just stayed there & immediately the song ended. Overall, good performance but I wanted way more from her. She has amazing vocal,she could do better than this. Randy should stop saying Adele name on every opportunity.
- Jen Hirsh - One and Only
Oh this is the song that Lauren Gray sang at her audition. Pretty great,I think. The judges are doing revisionist history right now. Backtrack about last night. Clearly,they should get their ears checked for last night's tongue bath atrocity.
- Brielle Von Hugel - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
The first half was weak but she slayed it in the 2nd half. She's spunky,energetic and working the stage really well. I want to hate this performance but I can't. She impressed me!!
- Hallie Day - Feeling Good
Oh gawd,can we ban this song? I'm afraid she's too shy & reserved to make the voters care about her. Casual voters won't pick up their phone over this. Pretty solid performance,I love the first half when the band still hasn't jumped in. She needs to let loose though. I'm afraid she won't get that chance
- Skylar Laine - Stay With Me
OMG she's fantastic!!!! This is so surprising!!! She performed like a veteran performer already. No nerve at all. She killed that performance & rocking it out on the stage. Best performance so far. She could sneak in to Top 13.
- Baylie Brown - Amazed
Ouch!! I cringed all the way through her performance. It was so bad!!!!! She's in the wrong key all the way through the end. Shaky & pitchy throughout. Easily the worst performance of this past 2 days. Awful awful awful!!!
- Hollie Cavanagh - Reflection
Hands down the best vocal of the night. The performance itself is solid. However,she should pick other song. I'm sick and tired of Christina Aguilera's Reflection. It's been done to death.
- Haley Johnsen - Sweet Dreams
I disagree with Randy. I thought she was pretty awesome. The way she navigated the song and the high notes. She's definitely took risk,some of it might not work but overall it's pretty good.
- Shannon Magrane - Go Light Your World
Pageanty!! I didn't get it!!!
- Jessica Sanchez - Love You I do
She doesn't sound sick at all!!! Amazing!! I still think we've only seen the surface of her capability. I hope she'll show us more of that. I'm ambivalence about the song but she killed it.
- Elise Testone - One and Only
OMG she made me cry!!! It was SO GOOD!!!! Extraordinary performance!!! Her voice captivated me from the first second. If Jen didn't sing the same song,it would've been way better.

Overall,pretty good night. They will definitely grow week by week after this. I hope tomorrow's result show won't be as brutal as I expected. Finger crossed.
My Rank:
Elise Testone
Skylar Laine
Jessica Sanchez
Haley Johnsen
Brielle Von Hugel
Jen Hirsh
Erika Van Pelt
Chelsea Sorrell
Hollie Cavanagh
Hallie Day
Shannon Magrane
Baylie Brown

No comments: