Music

Thursday, March 29, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 9 Performances (Songs From Their Own Idol)

- Colton Dixon - Everything
This is too much for me. I hate seeing worship song being performed on this show and shoved down my throat. I hate evangelical or charismatic movement with their crazy worship and speaking in tongue routine. It's just so crazy to me!! The performance itself is pretty good. I expected better from him. I know Colton could do better than this. I prefer another song from Lifehouse like You and Me. Overall,there's a thin line between sharing your faith and preaching.
- Skylar Laine - Gunpowder and Lead
Urgh at the song glorifying gun and all. I love spunky,full of energy performance from Skylar. Definitely her best in the last 2 weeks. I thought she could do more though,especially with Miranda as her Idol.
- Colton,Elise,Phillip - Stevie Nicks Medley (Landslide,Edge of Seventeen,Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow)
Beautiful performance!! Landslide was gorgeous!! Phillip looks so awkward by being constipated as usual while singing in trio. It makes his movement so weird.
- Heejun Han - A Song For You
This song has been sung by Elliot Yamin,Ricky Braddy and so many more. Heejun did a decent job but fell way short compared to performances in the past. I still love his tone though,ballad is his forte. I love his fun side too. He really needs to work on his diction and accent. That's the only thing that preventing him to perform great.
- Hollie Cavanagh - Jesus Take The Wheel
I didn't feel it until the end. Why took this song,Hollie? It just didn't feel perfect to me. I didn't believe what she sings. Hollie just can't sing uptempo,can she? The nonstop ballad and hollow performance is getting old really fast to me.
- Deandre Brackensick - Sometimes I Cry
His best performance. It's insane what he can do with his falsetto. Not my cup of tea because this performance is full of falsetto. But this is Deandre's best performance.
- Jessica Sanchez - Sweet Dreams
Beautiful vocal especially in the beginning,but why oh why she made this song into ballad?? I expected Love On Top from her. It's beginning to be a drowsy night with so much ballad performances. I've never seen nonstop consecutive ballad after ballad like this before.
- Heejun,Deandre,Joshua - Michael Jackson medley (Lady In My Life,PYT,Rock With You)
Underwhelming!!! I tuned out really fast!!
- Phillip Phillips - Still Rainin
Wow at the compliment from Stevie Nicks. Unbelievable!!! I don't like this song. Phillip looks like a serial killer again in the end. This is his best vocal delivery but I really hate this song.
- Joshua Ledet - Without You
Urgh at this song. I prefer James Durbin's version last year although he had awful vocal. I didn't really feel Joshua at all,I was looking at the tree etc. When he had breakdown in the end,that's the moment when I noticed his performance again. Weird night tonight. I'm not loving the performances as much as the judges.
- Jessica,Hollie,Skylar - Madonna medley (Like A Prayer,Express Yourself,Borderline)
This is way better!!! Why don't they sing like this? More uptempo please!!! Hollie is able to sing uptempo. Skylar looks mighty fine singing Madonna song.
- Elise Testone - Whole Lotta Love
Uh oh at Glambert's incoming hate mail. OMG this is awesome!! Elise is rocking my world. She's so sexy,every notes is fantastic,I really love this performance. More of this please!!! I hope Glambert won't hate her because she sang the same song that Adam Lambert sang.

Stevie Nicks is great mentor,I love her!! She should become a mentor again every weeks. I love it when she and Elise sang Dreams.

My Rank:
1. Elise Testone
2. Jessica,Hollie,Skylar Trio
3. Colton,Elise,Phillip Trio
4. Colton Dixon
5. Jessica Sanchez
6. Deandre Brackensick
7. Heejun Han
8. Skylar Laine
9. Phillip Phillips
10. Hollie Cavanagh
11. Joshua Ledet
12. Heejun,Deandre,Joshua Trio

No comments: