Music

Thursday, March 22, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 10 Performances (Billy Joel Theme)

- Deandre Brackensick - Only The Good Die Young
Good performance,nothing special in it. Not great,not bad either. He could be in danger tomorrow. People've been saying this song supposed to be naughty,ahh that's why it was so weird when Deandre performed this song.
- Erika Van Pelt - New York State of Mind
Why they always put Erika on the early part of the show??? I knew she would dye her hair black but this is rather drastic makeover. She looks completely different right now. It was pretty good performance but I expected more from her. She gave great vocal as usual,but something's missing.
- Joshua Ledet - She's Got A Way
I agree with J Lo. I didn't feel anything from Joshua's performance. I knew something was off from the beginning. It must've been hard singing something that's not true to his heart. If you know what I mean. Even the oversinging and the choir couldn't save the fact that Joshua didn't feel the song at all.
- Skylar Laine - Shameless
It's been an underwhelming night so far. Skylar is also performing good,not great. She picked it up at the end,but the whole performance seemed a bit boring to me. Sigh. Look,Randy name dropped Brad Paisley,when in fact Brad never sang that song. Fail!!!
- Elise Testone - Vienna
She's early again?? WTH!!! I love this performance!! The way Elise does her runs,dynamics and everything is perfect. She does it like no other. The performance is so lively,raw,believable. She meant every words she sings. Stellar!!! She looks great too. I hope she won't be in bottom 3 tomorrow.
- Phillip Phillips - Movin' Out
Amazing!!! I could do without serial killer looks at the end. Less of that,please!! Phillip clearly doesn't care with what Diddy and Tommy told him to do. LOL. In fact,CMIIW,the contestants tonight so far are ignoring Tommy Hilfiger's advice.
- Hollie Cavanagh - Honesty
I hate this song,it repeats over and over again. Great singing as usual from Hollie but I didn't feel this at all. Hollie has been singing ballad after ballad with no emotion whatsoever. Her tone is crystal clear but she's like this robot when she's performing,releasing clear voice but with hollow nest inside it. Hollie is so likable,I don't know why that trait disappeared when she performs.
- Heejun Han - My Life
I thought he forgot the lyrics at the beginning like Brooke White on Season 7. LMAO. This is the most entertaining performance of the night. The vocal is solid,not that pitchy in my ears. I didn't hear breathy voice that people complained last week. Steven Tyler looked pissed.
- Jessica Sanchez - Everybody Has A Dream
Solid performance!! The background lighting distracted me. It was so mesmerizing. I wanted to like this performance but I couldn't. It was a bit boring. Why the judges loved it so much?? I'm confuse.
- Colton Dixon - Piano Man
OMG Colton is amazing beyond words!!! I'm speechless!!! Goosebumps all over my body!! What a stunning performance!! This is why I supported Colton since last year. He's capable of performing like this. Fantastic!!

My thought on Diddy: I didn't undestand a lot of what he was saying. Didn't seem like a great mentor to me. Tomorrow bottom 3 maybe: Deandre,Erika or Joshua.

My Rank:
1. Colton Dixon
2. Elise Testone
3. Heejun Han
4. Phillip Phillips
5. Erika Van Pelt
6. Jessica Sanchez
7. Skylar Laine
8. Hollie Cavanagh
9. Deandre Brackensick
10. Joshua Ledet

No comments: