Music

Thursday, April 19, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 7 Redux Performances (Now & Then Theme)

- J Lo shows her abs in her dress. Kris Allen is in the audience.
- Hollie Cavanagh - Rolling In The Deep
Finally!! This is what I've been waiting for!! Hollie let it all loose & not calculate every move. Amazing!!! Easily her best performance!! I even forgot Haley Reinhart's version.
- Colton Dixon - Bad Romance
OMG what's he wearing?? Steven's clothes?? Wow this looks nothing like what I expected at all. Colton totally ahead of the pack in bringing variation in his performances. Pretty good arrangement for this one!!! He looks androgynous though. More pimp talk with Ryan.
- Elise Testone - No One
Good & solid!! LOL at the wind machine!! Still prefer Felicia Barton's version. This ranks middle of the pack in all of her performances. Ouch,I feel bad for her dog but more sympathy votes for her because of this. I'm all for bringing more votes to Elise.
- Phillip Phillips - U Got It Bad
Urgh,I thought I was gonna like this one!! But nope!! This R&B Usher song become a drag like other Phillip's performances. The sound,the looks,the serial killer face all make this performance no different than his previous performances. Middling performance for him. Boo at the judges standing ovation!!
- Jessica Sanchez - Fallin
Awful!!! Not feeling this at all!!! I hate this song. No one can do this song justice like Kendra Chantelle last year. I'm just sick and tired of hearing this song.
- Skylar Laine - Born This Way
Interesting choice. I like it!! Although I don't think the song meant for being born country way. Oh well!!! Skylar is close at the top for me at this point. She's very consistent.
- Joshua Ledet - I Believe
I hate Joshua's tone. Very underwhelming performance. I expected better for this song. I've had enough watching the judges giving nonstop standing ovation for Joshua. I don't get it!!!! I know he's very talented vocalist,but I prefer Jacob Lusk's tone any day of the week.
- 2nd round is unexpectedly songs from Soul Train's era. I hate Motown!!!
- Hollie Cavanagh - Son of A Preacher Man
Is this an ode to Joshua?? Great vocal overall,but no soul. Her vocal saves the performance for me.
- Colton Dixon - September
I strongly disagree with the judges. This performance prove me that Colton is very consistent. He always gives me interesting performances. I'm locked fully to the end in his camp. He's officially my #1 pick. Elise has faltered so many times for me. Colton is my last chance to enjoy this season. This September song is so cheesy. Thank god,Colton made it refreshing. I love it!!!
- Elise Testone - Let's Get It On
Passable performance!! I thought Elise gonna slay the soul song. I agree with J Lo. She needs to show her vulnerable side & pick the right song for her voice.
- Phillip Phillips - In The Midnight Hour
I feel embarassed for Phillip's awkward movement but this will make me like him more. He needs to go out from his comfort zone like this,without his guitar. Yes it's awkward & so cringe inducing watching him wandering around the stage and his weird hand movement. But this is a step in the right direction.
- Jessica Sanchez - Try A Little Tenderness
Awesome!! How come no standing ovation for this??? This is one of her best performance so far. Fantastic!! Especially the screaming in the end.
- Skylar Laine - Heard It Through The Grapevine
Skylar always makes her performance fun to watch. I hate this overdone song so much!!! But Skylar made it new to my ears. Good job!!!
- Joshua Ledet - A Change Is Gonna Come
Underwhelming again!!! I didn't feel a thing!! It's almost like he's singing it straight without any meaning in his soul at all. Can we bring back Adam Lambert to perform this civil right anthem? Standing ovation again for the million times for Joshua. I'm so over it!!!

My Rank:
1. Hollie Cavanagh (Rolling In The Deep)
2. Colton Dixon (September)
3. Colton Dixon (Bad Romance)
4. Jessica Sanchez ( Try A Little Tenderness)
5. Skylar Laine (Born This Way)
6. Elise Testone (No One)
7. Hollie Cavanagh (Son of A Preacher Man)
8. Skylar Laine (Heart It Through The Grapevine)
9. Phillip Phillips (In The Midnight Hour)
10. Elise Testone (Let's Get It On)
11. Phillip Phillips (U Got It Bad)
12. Jessica Sanchez (Fallin)
13. Joshua Ledet (I Believe)
14. Joshua Ledet (A Change Is Gonna Come)

No comments: