Music

Thursday, April 05, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 8 Performances (80's Theme)

- Lots of filler tonight.
- Deandre Brackensick - I Like It
Wow,easily his best performance. Deandre didn't look nervous at all. He worked the stage,he alternated between his chest voice & falsetto. The song is catchy. Perfect start for the show.
- Elise Testone - I Want To Know What Love Is
Yay for Gwen Stefani's fave is Elise. Urgh I don't like this song on her. She can't create a moment at all in this song. She sounded great throughout but the performance didn't give any special moment at all. It just stayed there. I'm disappointed. I thought Elise gonna slay the performance tonight. I'm afraid she will be in danger tomorrow.
- Colton Dixon & Skylar Laine - Island In The Stream
The chemistry is lacking. I dunno,the whole thing seemed off to me. Didn't enjoy it as I wanted to. They sang it great but it's like they sang individually without much interaction. The judges are drunk!! Colton & Skylar definitely not a couple.
- Phillip Phillips - That's All
Phillip's serial killer looks already came out in full force since the beginning of the performance. I don't like this song at all. Awful!!! Phillip forced his voice the whole performance. Watching his face made me so uncomfortable. So psychotic!!! I hate this!!!
- Hollie Cavanagh & Deandre Brackensick - I'm So Excited
Boring & uninteresting. Gah!!!!! It's good seeing Hollie sang uptempo song but she's so mechanical.
- Joshua Ledet - If You Don't Know Me By Now
Better than last week but I tuned out so fast in the beginning. What's up with this overdone song??? Why picked this song???? Urgh!!!! Joshua brought it to church as usual.
- Jessica Sanchez - How Will I Know
Very karaoke & her weakest performance to date!!! I didn't enjoy this at all. Sigh. Her pitch seemed a bit off. I thought she gonna blow me away with uptempo number. But unfortunately,not.
- Elise Testone & Phillip Phillips - Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The song is boring. No chemistry. Kill me please!!! Elise please stop pouting!!!
- Hollie Cavanagh - Flashdance
I really loved the beginning,when she sang with Euro-pop beat on the background. But when she run around the stage,the performance suffered. Also,the arrangement was so awful!! I felt bad for Hollie.
- Jessica Sanchez & Joshua Ledet - I Knew You Were Waiting For Me
The best duet of the night!!! Phew. Finally!!! After abhorring consecutive performances one after another,it was refreshing hearing good performance.
- Colton Dixon - Time After Time
Very good!!! Colton looks so hot!!! I knew that he's going to dye his hair blonde. I love the big notes in the end. It gave the song the push it needed.
- Skylar Laine - Wind Beneath My Wings
OMG at this song choice!!! Oh wow,this is Skylar's best performance since Stay With Me. She'll get huge momentum after this. I love her vocal in the end. Certainly,a refreshing change from her usual uptempo stuff.

Overall,an awful night. So boring!!!! Very underwhelming night that I can remember since last season. I hate 80's theme. Gwen Stefani was tolerable tonight.

My Rank:
1. Deandre Brackensick
2. Skylar Laine
3. Colton Dixon
4. Jessica & Joshua
5. Elise Testone
6. Hollie Cavanagh
7. Jessica Sanchez
8. Colton & Skylar
9. Hollie & Deandre
10. Joshua Ledet
11. Elise & Phillip
12. Phillip Phillips

No comments: